• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Foozer

Black Sturgeon Road Conditions

Foozer

Hello:

Does anyone have information on how far Black Sturgeon Rd is plowed this year.

Lake Trout opener is now in the long range forecast so it's time I start planning for which lakes to try this year.

I think last year it went up about 18-20 km from highway.  If it's the same or better this year would be great.

Thanks.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

RH.

A couple weeks ago it was plowed up to the eagle mountain road. Not sure if they have gone any farther lately

scandiman

Heard it's plowed as far as km 73. 

Can't confirm but I drive truck to mawn (south line) turnoff and it was still plowed past there. 

scandiman

I'll be making a trip on laker opener into that area

Foozer

That's the info I was looking for.

Thanks, boys!

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

redotter

Black Sturgeon Road is confirmed plowed to about km71 to the road into Mikinac Lake which is a walleye lake.  You can snowmobile from main road at km 64 on the Jems road to access little Sturge and Muskrat Lake both good walleye lakes.  You can snowmobile into Sturge lake from main road on the South line road to Mawn Lake road as well as access the lake trout lakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Foozer

With the snow we already got this week, and the snow expected today/tomorrow, does anyone know the condition of the Black Sturgeon road?

I was wondering if it was plowed again since the snow, or if it's been buried?

Any updates would be appreciated.

Thanks.