• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hurketthunter

Hawkeye lake

Hurketthunter

My girlfriends family has a camp on Hawkeye but none of them are into fishing. We will be spending a weekend there soon and I’d love to bring my gear and do some fishing. Not familiar with this lake at all so if anyone here can help me out with info just send me a private msg. Thanks for any help

Hurketthunter

oyo

Check when the jeepers are doing their thing up there. Some weekends, the ice gets plowed and  they  use part of the lake as a racing track. Might not be the best for fishing, with respect to the vibrations on the ice.

No info on the lake itself, sorry :)

• Haha 1

levi64
4 hours ago, oyo said:

Check when the jeepers are doing their thing up there. Some weekends, the ice gets plowed and  they  use part of the lake as a racing track. Might not be the best for fishing, with respect to the vibrations on the ice.

No info on the lake itself, sorry :)

Check in with the jeepers before you go ice fishing,, never thought I would hear that lol..  Hurketthunter I think I seen a thread about hawkeye last last  winter or the one before might be something from the past on the board.

Domer

I use to go there for whitefish in the winter. It could be very good at times. The odd 8-10lb laker is a possibility too.

Big Guy

I also have a camp on this lake but have never ice fished it.  I generally do pretty well in the spring/summer though.  I've been told fishing by the cliffs, up by the lighthouse, and actually right out front of our camp, directly across from the entrance to the narrows is supposedly good in the winter.