• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jayfishin

Best multi season sonar / gps unit

Jayfishin

Looking for some opinions for the best 5" sonar / gps combo unit that one could take out ice fishing but also use in the boat in the summer?

I have been a Lowrance guy for quite a while but like the looks of the new garmin units as well. 

I currently use a Marcum on the ice but miss the GPS mapping option which I have in my Lowrance HDS unit in my boat.

Jay

Zackcorbin1401

I use the helix 5 and love it. I also have a marcum lx3 but it lacks the gps and autochart feature.

Zackcorbin1401
8 hours ago, Wolf said:

What’s your battery life like with the helix 5 running the small 12 v

Lasts me a whole day fishing, hasent died on me yet in a trip if I was staying overnight and fishing two days I would bring 2 battery’s 

Superiormobile

I bought an Lowrance Elite 5 a few years ago. Works great with the ice transducer and the down scan for the summer. I bought the portable one. I have bought the ram mount so I use it as an GPS for my side X side in the summer and a fishing finder. Nicer to have the larger screen than my Garmin GPS.

• Like 1