• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail?

Bobber Down

I have some #7 Flicker Shad's with a paint combo called Sick Perch on the way. This is a Cabela's USA exclusive colour. With the success I had last year with the RedTiger and Firetiger this new colour combines the two. Fingers crossed.

sick.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Nnev

I've got some Richard Jigs which are a jamminjigs exclusive from what I can tell, on the way to the house. They come in many colours and the fish seem to love them especially the red tipped or larger dark ones. I try not to use them during the spawn because they tend to attract all the spawners although you sometimes get a surprise male slamming your dick jig.. i mean Richard jig.

image.png.3d36fab290334b4f480b36f95957360e.png

http://jamminjigs.com/novelty/

• Haha 3

Bobber Down

Received my Sick Perch order. 3 packs are nice. Total cost after the exchange rate, taxes, duty and shipping it worked out to $7.50 for each Flicker Shad. Can Tire and D&R cost - $7.90. Normally I would buy at D&R but this was a Cabela"s.com  exclusive colour as previously mentioned.

pro.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Thefishleclair

I've been buying up all sorts of fishing stuff, Fly tie materials, Fish bite alarms, Ice fishing reels to make tip ups, some hooks, and other crap.........I just found Amazon and I'm hooked!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

The_Outdoorsman

20 pack of cheap carabiners as coat hangers for the ice fishing tent*

Edited by The_Outdoorsman

ottoman82

Marcum Panner is sitting at Ryden's waiting for me.  This whole work thing has got me tied up from what is really important :-)

ottoman82

Oh I almost forgot about the TUCR Admiral should be on its way soon too.

FrankJobin

Got a 4 pack of these from Bite Booster just arrived. Now I just need a day off! 

LP-4CLRS1-600x600.jpg

Bobber Down

Too much time on my hands. Gotta get a new hobby. Liked the looks of this Cabela's exclusive colour. Reminded of trolling orange lil joes so I popped for some. #7 Orange Tiger Flicker Shad

shad.jpg

Bobber Down

Waiting on a ceramic water sharpener for my Global, Shun and other thin blade knives like rapala. Introducing the minoSharp 3 stage sharpener. I am terrible using traditional whetstones.

global.jpg

arvey

Won't be getting anything in the mail, but heading to Winnipeg in a couple of wks. taking in a Rod Stewart concert so i'll be stopping in at Cabelas .

Jack Fish
2 hours ago, Bobber Down said:

Waiting on a ceramic water sharpener for my Global, Shun and other thin blade knives like rapala. Introducing the minoSharp 3 stage sharpener. I am terrible using traditional whetstones.

global.jpg

If you don't mind me asking , what was the best price you found and is a 3 wheel significantly superior to the 2 wheel model.

Bear

image.jpeg.5f8fe9e03804c152fdef60a5cad04549.jpegTreating myself.

Bear

Bear
3 hours ago, arvey said:

Won't be getting anything in the mail, but heading to Winnipeg in a couple of wks. taking in a Rod Stewart concert so i'll be stopping in at Cabelas .

Arvey

Not all its cracked up to be.  Lots of clothing, short on fishing gear.  Stop in Kenora at Lake of the Woods Sports and see all the good fishing stuff they have here.  Sure saves us from traveling to Winnipeg.

Tell them I sent you.

Bear

arvey
1 hour ago, Bear said:

Arvey

Not all its cracked up to be.  Lots of clothing, short on fishing gear.  Stop in Kenora at Lake of the Woods Sports and see all the good fishing stuff they have here.  Sure saves us from traveling to Winnipeg.

Tell them I sent you.

Bear

ya I heard that before but I thought since I was there. Thanks for the heads up on the Kenora store . By the way is that in the old Canadian Tire store?

Bear

The old CTC Store is Shoppers Drug Mart.  LOW Sports is located on HWY 17 on the main drag through tow.  It is in a strip mall across from Bayview Toyota, right before Tim Hornuts in the middle part of town.

• Like 1

Bobber Down
1 hour ago, Jack Fish said:

If you don't mind me asking , what was the best price you found and is a 3 wheel significantly superior to the 2 wheel model.

I found it for $69.95. The 2 wheel model has course and medium stones for standard sharpening for a knife that is dull and/or may have small chips. The 3 wheel has the fine wheel for refining and polishing the edge. If you are just touching up a sharp edge the 3 wheel model is nice to have.

• Like 1

Bear
2 hours ago, Bear said:

image.jpeg.5f8fe9e03804c152fdef60a5cad04549.jpegTreating myself.image.png.a73c7973ca43c46004e6eb3666f7bceb.png

Also got me one of these..  Being good to myself this year.

2 hours ago, Bear said:

Bear

Jack Fish
21 minutes ago, Bobber Down said:

I found it for $69.95. The 2 wheel model has course and medium stones for standard sharpening for a knife that is dull and/or may have small chips. The 3 wheel has the fine wheel for refining and polishing the edge. If you are just touching up a sharp edge the 3 wheel model is nice to have.

I guess with all the fish you catch you need a few fined tuned knives. Thanks for the reply

arvey
1 hour ago, Bear said:

The old CTC Store is Shoppers Drug Mart.  LOW Sports is located on HWY 17 on the main drag through tow.  It is in a strip mall across from Bayview Toyota, right before Tim Hornuts in the middle part of town.

okay thanks i'll check it out. 

Trevor Zimak

lots

Trevor Zimak

Lots

Trevor Zimak
2 minutes ago, Trevor Zimak said:

lots

Bear .... got me one of those coming too.  Couple new 15' talons, a bunch of helix mega 12's and Lot's of other neat goodies!

• Haha 1

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

a bunch of 12's

a bunch

.a couple =2 a few=3 .

a bunch is like 5 I think.

. anyways 

I gots me some garmin panoptix . Garmin screens so good I can get by with only 1 12 inch screen. also trying out  a new cable system for mounting trolling motor transducers.. and those cool ballzout mounts to support that big screen.

also got some 8'6 and 9 ft abu Garcia casting rods!!  just to try em out chucking swim baits and cranks . 

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President