• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

Netflix Recommendations

Bobber Down

UPDATE: Most of these are no longer available on Netflix anymore. Anyone got a good show, series or movie they would like to share. There are so many things to choose from. Sometimes I find a sleeper, something different but entertaining.

One entry you may not have seen is called Slow TV: Salmon Fishing It's set in Norway and features salmon fishing on the Gaula River on the opening day of the season.

A couple other great sleepers to mention are Muscle Shoals (you will see what the line "Now Muscle Shoals has got the swampers" refers to in Lynyrd Skynyrd's song Sweet Home Alabama and also The Wrecking Crew. Both great shows.

A couple of others worth mentioning are 20 Feet From Stardom and Hired Gun. You will know and have heard many of the people in these films.

If you like music you will love these. I'm not going to say any more on them. I don't want to spoil it for you. You can thank me later.

slow.jpg

muscle.jpg

wreck.jpg

hired.jpg

feeta.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

RH.

The documentary on tom Petty and the heartbreakers is fantastic, there is also one on the eagles that is good too

Some Old Guy

I just stumbled upon a series. Peaky Blinders.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bobber Down

Right on RH. Tom Petty and the Eagles are good ones. I have watched those more than once. I just noticed two new ones in the new release section. John Mellencamp: Plain Spoken and another Beatles music concert doc called How The Beatles Changed The World. Two more for my list.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Bobber Down
On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎01 at 5:46 PM, Some Old Guy said:

Roger

Watched the 1st episode and put it into my list. Looks like a decent series and one that's been on for a number of years. Series 5 started last month. So much binge watching to do. So little time.

"disjointed" is another sleeper. About a legal weed shop in Cali. Extremely funny.

Anyone else have a favourite they care to share?

Buck 120

Peaky blinder, Shameless (US version), Mind hunters, Ozark, The 100, Walking Dead, Narcos, Godless

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Bobber Down
On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎01 at 5:46 PM, Some Old Guy said:

Roger

Well finished that series. Great show. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the next seasons. Time to check out what others have  mentioned.

damn

Try Sherlock,it’s  Sherlock Holmes and Watson.before you know it, you’re hooked

damn

The ranch, life below zero, meat eater, weeds, America unplugged ,Hannibal, stranger things. 

fisherdude

Ice guardians. Any hockey fans must watch it. Your welcome.

• Like 1