• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

adam_k

Arrow Lake

adam_k

Hey everyone just wondering if anyone has been out on arrow yet this year and has any info on snow and slush ....and if anyone want to share of any fish are being caught.

cheers

adam_k

kbrest

Was out on Thursday. In and around the moose bay and campground area. Lots of ice, 20-25” where we were. Was very cold and windy and there was actually several bare ice spots on the lake from wind and we set up on one of those for a “glass floor” fishing opportunity. Otherwise a mix of hard snow and deep snow but was not bad at all for walking out. Road is plowed all the way so your good. Landed 3 lakers   roughly same same size in the 24” range, one bigger one lost at the hole as he came up the wrong hole right beside it! Was in 40FOW and we had nothing marked anywhere suspended all fish came shooting off bottom for tubes with minnow and spoons. Stayed warm and out of the wind in the shack that wind was brutal! 

Tight lines

Some Old Guy

I was there today. I only got 2 fish but one was freekin' huge!

2018laker1.jpg

2018laker.jpg

• Like 1

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

ottoman82

Beauty lakers Roger.  I can't wait for days off so I can get out there and hopefully ice a few.  

@kbrest did you make entrance through the campgrounds or through moose bay? Also can you make it to the ice with a side by side?  

Thanks

salmonider

Wow nice laker Rog!, any guess on weight of that hog?

Practice CPS, catch , photo, stringer.

ok, calm down I'm kidding!

adam_k

Nice fish Roger!

ya I went out yesterday as well fished the east side of the lake and me and a buddy caught 4 and lost a decent fish at the hole all fish caught on 3” tubes

cheer

adam_k

• Thanks 1

kbrest
15 hours ago, ottoman82 said:

Beauty lakers Roger.  I can't wait for days off so I can get out there and hopefully ice a few.  

@kbrest did you make entrance through the campgrounds or through moose bay? Also can you make it to the ice with a side by side?  

Thanks

Made entrance through Moose Bay. Guys were dragging shacks out by the campground you would be fine taking the side by side through there.

Nnev

Out there Saturday fishing 75-80 FOW.  Landed 3 had another 2 on. Nothing huge and all came from right on the bottom.

Like others said. Not a ton of snow on the lake it was pretty bare and hard packed. No slush to be seen and the ice was tight 2 feet of great ice. I think the guys fishing off the narrows did well according to the MNR who were checking licenses.

pbear

We were out on the weekend and manage three Lakers. If you go out next weekend he will probably need an extension. We were right down to the handles when drilling our holes. 

JohnZ

Went out on sunday first time there for lakers, very windy and no luck at all.. Couldn't find the fish. 

TroutHunter

West arrow is plowed right to the campground. Theres a well used sled trail going right to the lake.  

• Like 2

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

arvey
2 hours ago, TroutHunter said:

West arrow is plowed right to the campground. Theres a well used sled trail going right to the lake.  

ah thankyou.

ottoman82

Hey guys has anyone been out after the snowfall thursday/friday?  I want to head out first thing sunday morning in my side by side.  Im looking to make my way through the narrows or moose bay to gain access to the west side first. If fishing is slow I will move around as needed.    I am curious as to the ice conditions after all the snow. 

Thanks

Ottoman82

speckmaster

Big snow coming tonight.  Might want to reconsider going 

ottoman82
1 hour ago, speckmaster said:

Big snow coming tonight.  Might want to reconsider going 

hahaha I don't get to get out that much anymore....I will walk if I have to lol

ottoman82

Hahaha I just realized that after digging a path through the drift  for my machine that I left my shovel on the side of the road.  A big shout out to Thomas who pulled me out on his sled.  He didn't have to give up his fishing time but did to make sure a fellow angler was ok.  Its good to see there are still good people out there.  Im not sure if hes's a member but cheers anyway!

• Like 1

AmateurHourAngling

Any news? Conditions or updates?

-JADEN