• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Buck 120

Anyone ever use these? Shroud for ice auger

Buck 120

Has anyone ever used these shrouds?  If yes, do you recommend?

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

levi64

I like it, now I won't get my running shoes wet...   Wonder why it didnt show it at the start of the hole only already burried. I wouldn't be interested in it.

AB

I wonder how well it works in January or February on those trips where everything ices up the second you stop drilling???

Bethcha it costs a lot more than a small shovel! 

I'd be curious how well the contraption would fit in the otter auger shield I use to transport my jiffy in the sleigh. 

You know the saying some things are designed to catch fish and others are designed to catch fishermen? I think this is one of the latter designs.

AB

Adrian

Looks like it may be a tiny bit of work to attach it...it looks like it is attached to the engine or handle bar or something as it does not turn with the auger..  I wonder how bad it ices up when you are done...does the auger freeze to it,   do you have to thaw it out before you use it the next time..all questions I would want to know before I invested, but than I wouldn't because as AB said, it looks like it costs a bit more than a small shovel.

Some Old Guy

I took a closer look. This looks pretty good!

Icehogger

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Buck 120

Looks like they are $60 USD. They also have a great idea for the bottom covers.  Installing strong magnets to avoid using and breaking the plastic strap.  I also wonder how they would do in extreme cold with freeze up, etc.

• Like 1

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!