• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

flyndie22

Cariboo Island

flyndie22

I've wanted to go fish out there for the last few weekends I'm just to chicken to rip my sled around the island lots of spots I want to try and fish can you drive around the island just to even take picts looks beautiful or is the ice sketchy there 

kbrest

You can ride around there, the ice is locked up tight...however, there is a large ridge near the one side of the island. Also you cant rip around out there too much there is a lot of random jagged ice sticking out here and there. Best bet to take er slow and follow other paths. 

flyndie22

Ok nice I'm gonna go out there for lakers I might try and go from silver harbour there's gotta be tons of ice by now looks awesome out there ever foshed it ?

kbrest

Many times yes. Hit and miss, great days and crap days. You really have to get on the spots that matter and Navionics contour maps have helped find humps etc. I usually fish 20-60fow at silver harbour. Was there Tuesday actually, guys had trucks out there. Ive never been on a sled from silver harbour to caribou so I cant speak to that, let common sense prevail and just wagch for those big ice shards sticking out.

flyndie22

Yeah makes sence I have very good navionics maps and I always do good at bays end or off of sleeping giant just want to try something new are you getting the lakers on the humps or mainly whities 

kbrest

Mostly whities but lots of lakers seem to cruise over those humps chasing the same smelt. Have also caught coasters and steelhead but not nearly as common.

Wopfisher

Has anyone been out around caribou lately ,How are the ice conditions and slush ?wanna try going for laketrout closer to the cliffs on sleeping giant 

Tipup

Anybody been out in the caribou island area lately? Just wondering about the ice condition. Thanks much

Wopfisher

Went out on the weekend closer to sleeping giant side of caribou there was a solid 3 feet of ice at least almost needed an extension 

Tipup

Sounds good. I'm hoping to get out the next couple weekends. Would a four-wheeler work or only snowmachine? thanks again

Wopfisher

There was quite a bit of snow you could probably get away with taking a four wheeler but I️ would use a snowmachine there was probably about 12-16 inches of snow

scandiman
9 hours ago, Wopfisher said:

There was quite a bit of snow you could probably get away with taking a four wheeler but I️ would use a snowmachine there was probably about 12-16 inches of snow

Wouldn't recommend a four wheeler out there at all, unless you have it tracked. Also, access from Sare road is snowmachine/foot access only as per the owners rules. Someone decided they would try a quad and got stuck hard several times and turned around and went home, as they should.

• Like 2