• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bobber Down

Boat Show

Bobber Down

Hey the boat show is happening Fri Sat Sun at the CLE. Anyone buying? Prices too high in T Bay? Who knew? How could anyone anticipate that?  Well you can always walk over to the Heritage building after and take in the Fur Trappers Convention. That's always an interesting venue.

lund.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

arvey

Show started today went with a bud just to look around. As usual boats are under powered to show what they call a good price , but by the time you outfit it you looking at a second mortgage or remortgage your house. Thinking of buying a 40 Tohatsu 3 cylinder 2 stroke . Anybody know anything about these?

levi64

I

1 hour ago, arvey said:

Show started today went with a bud just to look around. As usual boats are under powered to show what they call a good price , but by the time you outfit it you looking at a second mortgage or remortgage your house. Thinking of buying a 40 Tohatsu 3 cylinder 2 stroke . Anybody know anything about these?

All the shows are the same. I was at the Duluth show last weekend, same thing, of course if you can throw 45k at a pontoon boat you can afford to upgrade the motor.  

Foozer

I've been to a few in Duluth and the outdoors shows here, always hoping for a deal.

But it's a boat "show."  Not a "sale."

And if you can afford something from there you can afford an upgrade.

• Like 1

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

arvey

I'm pretty sure the sign said boat show and sale but I could be wrong and yes if you can afford the pkg. you can afford the upgrade.

eyelander

It does. But does that mean the boats are for sale???? or is it other stuff at the show that is for sale?

IMG_3082.JPG

IMG_3083.JPG

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Bobber Down

Did anyone get a deal at the boat show this year? Did anyone buy one? Anyone

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Trevor Zimak

Prices are nuts anywhere you go.  Whether that is because of extra freight or shipping, and of course the current path of the USD/CAN dollar, I don't know.  Either way, dealers in Canada want to make thousands off every sale. Food for thought here .... A few years ago I called T&Marine in Grand Rapids, MN.  Ended up paying $14,400 (then exchange + taxes) for a BRAND NEW 250 Pro XS. Went to three dealers in town and $26000$ was best price I got ..... ummm EXCUSE ME!!!! I almost died! Even @ the current exchange of a $1.30 on the dollar that's 18,700CAN .... A 7300$ savings!!!!

Also, more recently ... spoke with a few dealers in MN and had a good conversation with the guy about how they are only interested in "getting boats out on the lakes." More boats out in the public eye equals more sales and more return business in the long run.  I.E outboard oil, accessories, warranty work, etc. 

If you're looking for an Alumacraft, pontoon, or a Nitro Bass Boat call Westre's Sport and Marine in St. Cloud.  Ask for Jay Schade and let him know Zimmer sent ya. I always give local places a shot but they told me "they can't even buy the boat/motor for what I told them I was quoted" let alone sell it 

http://westresmarine.com/

1 320-230-0000

Wopfisher

Yes looking out of town pays off we bought a Lund rebel from discount RV and marine down in Vaughan and saved around $6000 and they actually met us in Sudbury for no additional costs. Also last year I️ bought a Alumacraft v16 and saved around $3000 and that was at mid north’s play power sport in Sudbury both great dealerships to deal with! 

crisop

I picked up my 1775 impact from discount rv and marine in 2016 as well and saved $10,000 over the local price and they even gave me a gas card to drive back

• Like 2

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

fishman1

My friend purchased a boat from the states as he saved $10 k, had a warranty issue in June, contacted a local dealership to fix the issue, first question, where did you make the purchase? This was in June, they said they could look at it in September. The other dealership in town fixed it pronto.

service with a smile in Thunder Bay?

crisop

customer service in thunder bay is almost non existent anymore

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Trevor Zimak

Can't say I have had any issues with warranty work.  i've always gone to NCCS. 

fishman1
On March 9, 2018 at 7:50 AM, Trevor Zimak said:

Can't say I have had any issues with warranty work.  i've always gone to NCCS. 

Nccs fixed it pronto, the other guys wouldn't touch it till the fall.