• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Opinions

Some Old Guy

It's ok to have an opinion. It's awesome as a matter of fact.

But please present it in a way you look like a class act.

Get all your facts straight.

So it doesn't sound like hate.

We can all be friends and eat some cake!!!!!

Sorry. Just trying to be like Dr. Suess

Roger (Some Old Guy THE POACHER of eggs)

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

eddylives

Yes Roger I agree

The recent attack on yourself while amusing to most is still just that....

An attack on you personally that is quite slanderous and belittling.

As far as I am concerned any person that conducts themselves in such a manner should be given one chance to correct their actions and behaviour or receive a ban.

But also have the thread placed in a read only section so others can see the results of their actions and witness the results of such activity on this site.

The outdoor life we enjoy with hunting and fishing is our choice and others do not have the right to condemn us for it.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

oyo

Personally, I would consider taking all his posts to either the police as harassment or a lawyer as libel. If either of those parties see a case, it would be easy to request Tailouts IP and customer info from his ISP and serve him with a cease and desist letter or a letter threatening court action if he continues to publically disparage your character. 

The internet  does not give you the right to make up false statements and accusations and it is relatively easy to identify the person behind a username.

Bobber Down

You never see this kind of behavior on other fishing forums like Walleye Central. Never! I assume when someone attacks the forum, the intent of the forum, a member or an owner of the forum the post is "immediately taken down" by a moderator. I don't know what happens to the poster, most likely banned.

Even though opinions are welcome the posts attacked the forum and Roger himself, it's "not the first time" by this member and it's clearly against the forum rules of conduct. Pretty much a worse case scenario and because it was allowed to be read created a hoard of angry bees protecting the hive, and always will.

This site and it's current members are always trying to attract new members. Having them read that bs drama doesn't help with first impressions.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

James01

I think people are smart enough to see posts, like the one people are referring to, for what they are... for what it is worth, I haven't posted on this site in a while and it is that idiotic thread that has me posting. Maybe Roger should thank him for increasing activity of the site, and bringing members together. ;)

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Some Old Guy

James, I just laughed at the post. And you are correct! Even though he "cut me down" so to speak I see it as entertainment! I banned people before and some come and go. I just left it there for pure entertainment value!

Yes Bobber! You don't see that on WC anymore but it used to be there. As with other forums, they are getting used less as face book and other social media sites have taken over the internet. 

Oyo, I have his IP logged. But as I said I ain't taking it personally. I think it's kind of funny. Just like watching someone trying to take a nut off by turning it right...... Or kinda like this guy:

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

James01

Roger, I just laughed at that video... and yes, kinda like that guy. 

• Like 1

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

oyo

Opinions are like assholes, everyone’s got one, but some are really dirty, stinky, diseased and need to be bleached with industrial grade acid.