• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mr B

Baril Lake

Mr B

First time poster.  My boys and I will be spending some time at Pine Point in the next week and were thinking of a day trip over to Baril Lake for trout.  Wondering how tough a trip it might be and if the fishing is OK.  Not looking for spots just suggestions on what to watch out for (looks like narrow spots on lakes) and where to try.  Have decent sleds.  Any suggestions to keep us out of trouble would be greatly appreciated.  

Watch out at birch narrows stay very close to south shore the narrows are always open. the  rest of the ride is great the portage is a bit rough but open go about 2km up baril on the north shore just past past the camp you should see where people have been fishing.Good fishing normaly .Great ride and day trip

Mr B

Thank you very much for the info.  I figured the narrow spots would be dangerous.  Hopefully there will be a track to follow.  I found a dated depth map on Anglers Atlas that shows some mid lake structure.  Hope it is somewhat accurate.  Thanks again.  

Always a good trail three wind blown in the open but you'll see it in the narrows and corners portage is just past the resort let us know how you make out