• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

Lorne Allard Fisherman's Park

Bobber Down

So what's going to happen with the covered shelter at the park? Will the river take it this spring? Will the city let the river take it? I wonder if it will actually end up in the river. Hopefully not! If the river takes it who will be responsible to remove it from the river or replace it? Does NSSA have a say or did they give all control to the city? The roof can be saved. That's the main part. Just unbolt it and lift it out of harms way with a small machine before the big melt. Does anyone care?

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

• Like 1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Some Old Guy

If it's in danger it should be saved. I'm taking a look at that tomorrow. 

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bobber Down

The viewing platform may also sustain damage. Worse case......ripped away by the ice. A bit tougher to save that. Take a peek while you're there Roger.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

arvey

I've decided to edit my previous post on this thread , here's why I went and had a look . You won't be lifting anything by hand also you will need a boom truck or crane not cheap. Secondly those shelters are quite a ways up on shore the water or ice would have to be fairly high , i'm not saying it's not possible . If it did get that high it would also flood were the commercial fishing boats are sitting.

Castnblast

I know how the Current can blow in the spring - , but I doubt the shelter is in jeopardy of being swept away.

fisherdude

Wasn’t the whole thing under water when they finally opened the dam? My understanding from the start of winter was there was already a lot of damage and they closed the whole area off?