• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

I'm looking to buy this.... Opinions?

Some Old Guy

I need a portable generator. I was looking at this one as I don't want to spend a bunch of coin on something I'll use once or twice a year.

King Canada Tools 

Anyone ever use one of these? Or have an opinion on it?

Roger

P.S. I'm heading to Black Bay this weekend and I can't find one to borrow!

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

arvey
46 minutes ago, Some Old Guy said:

I need a portable generator. I was looking at this one as I don't want to spend a bunch of coin on something I'll use once or twice a year.

King Canada Tools 

Anyone ever use one of these? Or have an opinion on it?

Roger

P.S. I'm heading to Black Bay this weekend and I can't find one to borrow!

I 've never owned this brand so I can't say good or bad , I think tool town sells King. I would just consider who warranties them and how hard is it to get parts. you only get what you pay for.

damn

We had one I believe it was from tool town. Worked fine for our ice shack. Cpl times a year.  Not heavy use. It’s not a Honda lol. 

Maddash1

We had one like that once ran for 3 hours than that was it. In my experience like Arvey says especially with generators you get what you pay for. Even to use a couple times a year I would recommend getting a brand name like Honda or Yamaha. Will save you headaches in the long run. 

crazyctr

roger ive got a generator you can borrow

• Thanks 1

hbaits.jpg

TradD

Rodger I have one same as that different brand I will give you

speckmaster

Pay bananas...get monkeys. 

Adrian

Our snowmobile club bought 2 of these for emergency power if the groomer goes down, and we did get one started, but broke the recoil in the process, and never did get the other one started.  I would go for a used Honda or Yamaha and get great bang for your buck.

fishman1

Always better to buy quality, it's cheaper in the long run.

when you buy junk, you buy it again and again, and it's nothing but a headache in the meantime. And guess where this generator will break down? In the cold when you need it most! Not in the garage in the summer!

and another thing, when you spend a good buck, you treat your investment properly, when you buy junk, you treat it like sh$€*#t.

Thefishleclair

I have a Enigizer one from Walmart, Been going strong for years now. Paid around 200$ for it

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

dogboy

There is a good sale at J&J, I just bought a Honda last week, that and a K drill are the best ice fishing purchases I have ever made.

therealfndeal

Can’t go wrong with the Honda 2000 inverter mine starts with ease every year and can go up to 12-15 hours on teaspoons of fuel 

Kaptain Kirk

I have Honda 1000 and it has been great for over 10 years now.

toma-hawk

I bought a colman  1850 from CTC after talking to a fella at mahon electric, he told me for the money and what I was going to use it for, it was the most bang for the buck,easy to repair and parts readily available, I use it for camping and sometime power tools with no problems,I did not have a air conditioner in my unit.
Rick

Adrian

I am on my 4th Honda 1000 inverter.  I put about 800 - 1000 hours on each of them and no issues.  Just change oil regularly (I only use synthetic) , use clean gas,  change spark plugs once in a while and a valve adjustment.  With the cost of buying  the generator, gas and maintenance, and the value I get  back when I sell it, my total cost per hour is about $0.80 - $0.90 per hour.  I just bought a new one this past fall. 

Superiormobile

Stihl Bearcat 3500 inverter, quit like a Honda, electric start , I think it was only 75lbs with wheels. Last year they were $1,500,00 at Roslyn Service. Been using on at hunt shack for the last 2 years with no problems.

crazyctr

did you like the generator i leant you for the derby roger it is the same one you we`re thinking of buying ive never had any problems with it other then it can be a pain to start if you dont know how to

hbaits.jpg

Some Old Guy

Yep. It worked just fine. 

And thank you for the loaner and for the weekend out there. 

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

eddylives

Just a heads up on a sale at J&J

homda 2000 suitcase for 1388 and change all in right now

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it