• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

MNRF lays charges after aerial enforcement near Quetico Provincial Park

toma-hawk

Mad scientist you are correct when you say 100% of hunting and fishing lic,  go in to a special purpose account.Can you say 100% of that account goes directly back into hunting and fishing programs? 

Rick

mad scientist
17 hours ago, toma-hawk said:

Mad scientist you are correct when you say 100% of hunting and fishing lic,  go in to a special purpose account.Can you say 100% of that account goes directly back into hunting and fishing programs? 

Rick

It depends on what you consider "hunting and fishing programs".  Part of the special purpose account goes back into running the outdoors card/licensing program; part of it goes into enforcement; about 25% of it runs the provincial hatchery program; part of it pays the wages for biologists and other fish & wildlife staff; part of it goes towards writing management plans; part of it goes towards monitoring programs....all of these things are part of managing the fish and wildlife resources in the province; people have varying degrees of how much they agree that all those individual components should or should not be funded through the SPA.  The full breakdown is in the report I linked earlier - I don't know the specifics of the items the MPP criticized in the news, so I can't comment on that.

All that said, I'm not aware of any use of SPA money that can't be tied to fish and wildlife management in some way.  It's not being directed into general revenue....it isn't being used to pave roads or run hospitals or pay teachers.  

• Thanks 1

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3

Foozer

I do not know the specifics.  However, here is a quote from the MPP in Nippising's webpage:

" The report obtained by the Aylmer District Stakeholder Committee shows that in 2011/12 the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) spent $69,000 to sell, buy and rent housing accommodations and $55,000 on psychologist and other medical services. In addition, stakeholders received a response this summer stating that the Ministry does not track local expenditures for the Fish & Wildlife SPA."

http://fedeli.com/2016/10/04/wynne-government-failing-anglers-and-hunters-in-ontario/

Might seem like peanuts in relation to the total of the SPA but these do not seem like "hunting and fishing programs." Maybe I need a fishing psychologist.  At least the wife would think so.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....