• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NLTrapper

Wawa Salmon Fishing?

NLTrapper

Good day folks, I'm heading down to Wawa in June for work and I was thinking about bringing my boat with me to fish in the evenings.  I was wondering if anyone has fished there and had any suggestions or tips on where to go out in the big lake there?  I was just planning on going out from the marina and exploring a bit.  Thanks in advance! :) 

Jelly Belly

August is excellent fishing there. Spend most of my time there in August. Best thing I can tell ya as i fish here in June and not there is to start in the 20 feet water and work you way around and deeper from there.  Find the warmest water you can and keep you hear high 15 to 25 feet down. Even pull a flatline. If the salmon are there they'll be high. Play around spoons and raps. Also go into marina and ask for buck. Don't attempt and I'm very serious about this don't go out to lake in till you ask him how the river changed as it's not a nice mouth opening. I'll say once more do not go out till you have talked to him. I've been fishing there along time and it's the first thing I do every year.if I can help you more send me a pm.

• Like 1

Barrski

I agree, the river mouth changes every year, fished the derby for years and the mouth is never the same.  Brad is great, he would sooner give you a little advise than end having to pull you off a sand bar or even worse the rock shore on ur right.  Safe boating 

• Like 1

NLTrapper

Awesome thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated!