• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Porter Ross

Lac des Mille Lacs Public Access and Camping Questions

Porter Ross

Is there a public boat ramp on Lac des Mille Lacs?  Are their any boat-to campsites on crownland?  If there isn't a public access, do resorts allow boat access from their private ramps if you aren't staying there?  

dunnhuntin

There is a public boat ramp on the savanne river on the north side of highway 17. I haven't stayed on lac myself so I can't recommend any good campsites, but www.nomap.ca is an excellent resource for finding out which islands/shorelines are private property and which are crown land where you could set up camp.

Adrian

There are 2 public landings on Cushing Lake (direct small river into Lac.) You cannot camp at the one beside Cushing Lake Resort, but the one a little further down the road has enough room for 6 - 8 campers if they park nice.  There is a public landing at Honkanen Narrows.  You can camp there.  From Honkanen  you can boat to a number of nice camp sites on mainland and on islands.  Right off hand I can think of about 8 or more sites to choose from on that part of the lake.  I have been to all of them, and camped at some of them.  

• Like 1

Adrian

I can show you on a map if you like

Porter Ross

It took a little bit of time, but I did figure out where the Honkonen Landing is (search went faster when I stopped spelling it incorrectly).  Seems that the last bit of road and the landing might not be in great shape though?  If you had a map of campsites, it would be great.  Oh, and don't forget to put on your fishing hot spots.  Just kidding.  Thanks!

Adrian

Sent you a PM

Adrian

I sent you a message, but it looks like there is an issue with it???? not sure what.

you can give me a call on my cel at any time 631-2214 and I can give you more details about camping on LDML

Adrian