• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AmateurHourAngling

Registering Boat

AmateurHourAngling

Hey Guys, just purchased a 14 Foot widebody with a 25hp Merc, This is my first boat with a motor over 10hp and I just had a few questions on getting it registered. Where do I go to register a boat and what do I need to bring with me in terms of identification and papers? I'm assuming Service Ontario but just wanted to get some answers before I go and wait in line😁 Thanks!

-JADEN

arvey

Don't quote me but I think registering is federal. Buddy of mine bought a new boat and the dealership did the reg. it took forever , no place in town.

naden

I did it online just sent them a pic of the boat I'll see if I can find the link

naden

https://www.pcl-pep.snbservices.ca/1001/PubWeb/Default.aspx

You'll need to register the trailer only and pay tax on the trailer at Service Ontario, it is handy to get 3 receipts when you buy the boat so when you license the trailer you are only paying tax on the value of the trailer and not the entire package. I'm told after licensing your boat, which is free, that you may eventually receive a tax bill for the boat. Registered mine 2 years ago and havn't received one yet. 

Jack Fish

I purchased a boat in Feb 2015 and just received a tax notice a week ago.  I am going to wait until they send me a second notice before I submit the taxes owing, hoping it will take another 3 years. haha 

arvey

Not sure if this has happened to anybody else , while on Arrow Lake I got stopped by the OPP he asked me for the normal stuff , safety kit , life jackets then he asked me for my boat registration not the trailer reg. but the paper work you get with your numbers. I said no never knew I had to  he said they were going to start pushing it and compared it to snow machine or quad reg. which you should carry. He let me off but I carry the paper work in a water proof bag , the fine is over a 100 .

Adrian

I was stopped on Dog last summer and was asked for reg. paperwork for my boat.  Luckily I had it...a friend was stopped on Lake Nipigon and was asked.  When he told me about it, I got mine and have a copy in the boat (original not required, just a photo copy)  

RN54

JUST registered a boat online took 2 business days to get approval ,noticed that pleasure craft licence had a expiration date of 10 years .fyi

Trevor Zimak

Useful information.  If you are importing a boat/trailer be prepared to pay almost 350$ to get it plated 😡