• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

big_jim

Spring Bows

big_jim

Hey everybody.  

My transition to Thunder Bay is slowly underway. 

Im heading south next week for a little bit and when I come back May 7th I’ll FINALLY have all my fishing gear with me including my boat and waders. So if you see a blue princecraft named “DIVERSITY 2” in your spot, cut me some slack, I’m new around these parts. 

Really excited for some spring bows. Anyone want to help a guy out and let him know where he might find some?

thanks in advance. 

Tight lines. 

dunnhuntin

Most of the rivers in and around town have a run of steelhead. Fisherman's park at the mouth of the current river, or the McIntyre river from the university downstream past the golf course both have some popular fishing holes that are easy to find. Outside of town has good fishing as well, the Mackenzie river is easy to access near the mouth from Mackenzie beach road. The wolf river is easy to find as well as the jackpine if you want to go a little farther from town.

• Like 1

big_jim
2 hours ago, dunnhuntin said:

Most of the rivers in and around town have a run of steelhead. Fisherman's park at the mouth of the current river, or the McIntyre river from the university downstream past the golf course both have some popular fishing holes that are easy to find. Outside of town has good fishing as well, the Mackenzie river is easy to access near the mouth from Mackenzie beach road. The wolf river is easy to find as well as the jackpine if you want to go a little farther from town.

Thanks for the help

i definitely don’t mind going a little further out of town.  Get away from the riff raff and enjoy some peace and quiet. 

Barrski

Is this the same big Jim who was on the GeorginBay website

kaff

hey wheres that wing nut tailout

M y nephew caught a couple rainbows already.

Trout Wrangler

What about smellts has that ship sailed?

Some Old Guy

No. Smelts have not started. 

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Snowball

Still 2.5 Ft. of ice at Coral Bay (just this side of McKenzie Beach)

big_jim
8 hours ago, Barrski said:

Is this the same big Jim who was on the GeorginBay website

Unlikely. I haven’t fished Georgian bay since I was about 16

must be an imposter. 

big_jim
3 hours ago, Trout Wrangler said:

What about smellts has that ship sailed?

I’d love to smelt dip but I don’t think I’ll be here for when the run comes in.  I fly out the 25th of April and drive back May 7

shmanks

Gave the neebing a try today still chunks of ice floating down the river, water is still too cold. No luck today, and you will probably be back during the run don’t worry and it seems like the smelts will be running then too

• Like 1

Noah santorelli

Anyone getting em in the neebing or Mac  Thinking of going in the am before work, havnt had the time to go and check. Any info would be nice, thanks 

• Like 1

James01

For people looking for information ... I have been trying the last couple of days and I have had no luck. I have managed to donate a few hooks and sinkers to the rivers, and I have cleared some of my favorite holes of sticks lying on the bottom (not by choice), but no fish as of yet. As a member pointed out in one of the other threads, the water is still too cold for the fish. I assume there may be some fish in some of the rivers (I find the Neebing tends to have the earliest run - because, I assume, it warms the quickest), but it doesn't seem to be time yet. 

Look at the photos in the thread on the ice conditions of the rivers, Current River is still iced up. 

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

brookiebuster

Fish being caught in the kam and neebing, mac is still too cold.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

James01

I watched a guy catch a steelhead at Neebing River today... obviously, at the pier off Edward.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

AmateurHourAngling

Still pretty early, another week or so and they'll be in thick. There's always one or two caught super early in the run at neebing. By this weekend the neebing will be packed with people 

-JADEN

Noah santorelli

Got 2 and lost a bunch in the neebing today, felt good to fish open water again.

brookiebuster

No rainbows in the steel, just suckers.

• Haha 1

oyo

@brookiebuster what do you mean? You can DM me if you don’t want to give up any fishing secrets? I thought the steel was famous for bows, I’ve only tried in the fall. I figured since there was no ice on the shore there and it was far from town it would make a fun trip. 

brookiebuster

@oyo was just sarcasm, yes there's rainbows in the steel.

oyo

😂 went over my head. I got skunked in the fall, so I thought maybe it was a tough go. Have you been out that way recently? 

brookiebuster

I haven't but I know people that have and done well.

Noah santorelli

Anyone ever get bows on the upper neebing trying rn but wan know if it it’s worth my time because I don’t have much rn 

brookiebuster

Yeah seen them caught up mapleward Rd