• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Kayaker

Thunder Bay Fishing QUIZZZ

Kayaker

Released into the waters by the OMNR back in the 50's

wicabel246

They were accidently introduced to lake superior in the Thunder Bay area back in the late 1950's

eyelander

Locally(not including any of the other great lakes), they were being reared at a hatchery near the mouth of the current river(now defunct), and were accidentally released into Lake Superior.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Guest Dan

anonymous gave the first correct answer that I was looking for. Tom gave more detailed info. So anonymous. You're up to bat.

wicabel246

Have Atlantic salmon ever been introduced in our area, not in the great lakes? If so, where?

eyelander

The only inland lake I can recall being stocked with salmon is Sunset Lake, south of Whitefish.

Guest Dan

I believe that they were stocked in the Nipigon River in some point in time. I know that Grayling were for sure. Not positive about the Atlantics though.

wicabel246

Remember I said not the great lakes. I should have been clearer. There is an inland lake that was stocked. Which one? The answer you guys gave is partially correct. keep trying

wicabel246

Sorry it took so lomg for me to get back. Eylander you are correct, as Sunset was stocked with Atlantics along with Arrow. You ask the next question.

Guest Hardy

I would, but for one, it`s not my turn ( It appears to be eyelander`s ) and second, I can`t seem to think of a good question... If I come up with one, I`ll butt in!!

To busy watching Superbowl commercials right now to give it too much thought....

Kayaker

Since eyelander has not been back to ask a question, somebody please go next

eyelander

Oh heck, completely forgot about this thread, lol.

OK, probably an easy one, since I can't think of anything else to ask right now, where was the original location of D & R Sporting Goods, AND....... the 2nd location of the store?

Cheech

I think the original was on the corner of Algoma and John St and the second was in the McIntyre Center. While on store locations where was the Army and Navy store located last and secondly where was the Outdoor Adventure store located?

Guest TerryK

Cheech is right on the D&R locations.

Army and Navy was on the north side of Memorial Ave. just up from the old Gore Motors location.

Gone8to1248

Hey lets get some questions on here that us Americans have a chance at! You know, Like "In what country is Thunder Bay, Ontario located! :P:P

Guest Dan

Hey lets get some questions on here that us Americans have a chance at! You know, Like "In what country is Thunder Bay, Ontario located! :P:P

Or how about this....

What was the result of Brett Favres last pass this season??

Guest bestbait

Poundsford is the only Lake up here that I have caught largemouth in. Largemouth bass require more food to grow. The lower water temps up here and shorter seasons don't allow for the growth required to weather the cold winters. They also do better in deeper lakes with more bait fish and crayfish. This makes them very sensitive up here and is probably the reason small mouth dominate this region. Also I believe smallmouth were probably stocked in more lakes up here because of their aggressive fast growth and ability to establish themselves in a variety of waterbodies. I think bass are underfished in this area. Last open water season Cloud was killer!!!! Fish over 5lbs average if you know the holes and flats!!!

Gone8to1248

Or how about this....

What was the result of Brett Favres last pass this season??

Heck thats an easy one Dan! The results were an 8am Tee Off Time!!

Kayaker

I believe Cheech is right, lets keep this going. Cheech ask the next question, something easy for our American friend. haha!!!!