• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kahuna

Transportation

Guest Kahuna

I am requesting permission to travel through a restricted area with my Argo could someone please contact me at dennsdenn@msn.com Thank You for your time

Guest merc

Better contact the MNR office nearest you---This forum could take time to answer some questions.

Merc

Guest Kahuna

Better contact the MNR office nearest you---This forum could take time to answer some questions.

Merc

Thanks Merc I will

Guest Ross Johnston - Conservation Off

You need to be more specific about this restricted area. Is it restricted because it's private property?? or an MNR No Hunt Zone?? Is it a restricted access road?

Guest Kahuna

You need to be more specific about this restricted area. Is it restricted because it's private property?? or an MNR No Hunt Zone?? Is it a restricted access road?

I wish I could find someone to ask these quetions to myself as all i run into is a sign saying no motorized vehicles allowed beyond this point ? the loction is on the kinghorn road just east of Jelicoe & nrthwest approx 10 miles in I have asked several people about it but no one really can tell me why, apparently the bridge went out there about the same time the sign went up so i am told but the bridge has been repaired & there is very little logging going on. i have been in there the last couple of years & have seen a truck maybe twice. Someone must know why it is there but I cant get a straight answer from anyone all i get is they whoever that is put the sign up to keep hunters out because of a lodge owner in the area wntts it for himself & his clients I dont believe this but thats all I can tell you about it I am trying to find out through the nearest ministry office to me . Thank you for your response to my quetion, & i will post any information I can get to you If i find someone who knows the area I am speaking about -this is where I need a gps I keep telling my wife . Thans again

Guest Dan

These "no motorized vehicles" signs have been put up by the MMR to appease lodge/fly in camp owners who have invested money to operate such a business on certain lakes. No one is going to invest a couple hundred grand to build a fly in operation on a lake, only to find that there is road access to it a few years later. Hence the signs. You can still walk or fly into these lakes yourself if you have the means, but you can't drive in. I don't agree with it, but this is the way it works as far as I know.

Bill Arnott

I think the signs you refer to are the Onaman lake restricted access area. The signs create a 500m? barrier. As stated above this is a "tourism" lake where no motorized traffic is permitted during the summer months. There is also a tag system that restricts the number of boats that may be cached within this zone. If a boat does not have a tag it will be removed.The reasoning is that if you have to muscle your gear in each time you are less likely to pound the lake into oblivion. I am sure you will not be granted an exception to the rule but if you would like to try you could contact the Geraldton office and speak to a C.O. 854-1030

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

Guest Kahuna

I think the signs you refer to are the Onaman lake restricted access area. The signs create a 500m? barrier. As stated above this is a "tourism" lake where no motorized traffic is permitted during the summer months. There is also a tag system that restricts the number of boats that may be cached within this zone. If a boat does not have a tag it will be removed.The reasoning is that if you have to muscle your gear in each time you are less likely to pound the lake into oblivion. I am sure you will not be granted an exception to the rule but if you would like to try you could contact the Geraldton office and speak to a C.O. 854-1030

Thank you for the information I did not know this & understand why. You mentioned during the summer months I wonder if this is for moose hunting also ?? I will contact the officer you mentiond Thanks again it has been a big help

eyelander

Those signs for the restricted motorozed access are 365 days a year.

Even the lodge owners cannot use any motorized vehicle to access their operation over land, they must also fly in, or walk, bike, or go in by horse, lol.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance