• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest dano

10000 fine

Guest dano

Not sure if there was much discussion about the guy that got charged $10,600 for having too many fish. But why is it that they got charged so much for a fishing violation? Yeah I know he had exceeded his limits and then some and I totally agree that he should have been charged. But over $10000?Just reading in the HUNTING NEWS section of this forum and no other fines were as high. Shoot a bull moose with no tag and on a main road $1500. Snare some deer,$3000. Shoot 2 cow moose with no cow tags present and leave the moose to rot $5000. just my two cents and I don't feel sorry for the guy but I really don't think he should have been charged that much. Any other views out there?

dano

RLK
Not sure if there was much discussion about the guy that got charged $10,600 for having too many fish. But why is it that they got charged so much for a fishing violation? Yeah I know he had exceeded his limits and then some and I totally agree that he should have been charged. But over $10000?Just reading in the HUNTING NEWS section of this forum and no other fines were as high. Shoot a bull moose with no tag and on a main road $1500. Snare some deer,$3000. Shoot 2 cow moose with no cow tags present and leave the moose to rot $5000. just my two cents and I don't feel sorry for the guy but I really don't think he should have been charged that much. Any other views out there?

dano

I think he should have lost his fishing licence for life. Maybe only way of stopping these people from stealing our wildlife.

Guest TerryK

I believe the fine is based on many factors, one being the sheer amount of fish over the limit and in this case it was 30 walleyes and 28 brook trout. This kind of over limit done on a regular basis, which we know these guys will try to do, causes great harm to our fisheries. Think of the cost of all the work that goes into the management and maintenance of our fisheries and think of how much of that money lowlifes like this waste.

Some Old Guy

Also have to remember thqat he was originally fined 4600 bucks I think it was and the guy tried to appeal it and lost big time. So he could have had a lesser fine.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Abes

Stupid mule. I wonder if these big fine's are ever paid, they probably just don't ever apply for a fishing or hunting license again.

Some Old Guy

Should be that per fish found. Ensures that they can't even afford to go fishing again.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest graeme

dano

another way to look at it is that the fines for poaching a moose are to light, maybe the fines should go by the pound.

fisherdude

i agree...the hunting/poaching fines are to low...way to low...