• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mike_g

steelhead fishing

Guest mike_g

hi i'm new to forum, have done some reading and lots of good info. I from the sault originally, steelhead fished there for about 20 years mostly on pancake,batchawana and rivers around there. I made the move to thunder bay and was wondering if there are some rivers which are a bit out of town and some dirt road access would not hurt too.I don't get much time to get out to explore any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone planning some fishing around the sault area let me know have lots of good spots to share.

mike

eyelander

hmmmm.........lets see, the Old Woman(one of my favorites) the Coldwater, the Sand(although it was usually in full flood mode when we tried it), Speckled Trout creek/river, was another, THE PANCAKE, great river, loved fishing it, first time I ever saw float fishing techniques(was wondering why people were using unusal looking bobbers, lol ), the Batchewana, Chippewa, and Hovland River?? Never fished the Goulais, didn't know the access back then, and all this was back in 80-85????????? if memory serves.

Up here, most rivers are access right off the hwy., some places and areas are from bush roads, mainly 4x4 access.

AND.....................the steelhead guys would keelhaul me if I posted that info, lol.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Some Old Guy

When you drive up all the rivers you cross that flow into the big lake will have them in there.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest mike_g

this is more to eyelander since he is familair to pancake river, which river around here would you compare to pancake river for size and flow thx mike