• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Gettin' tense about ice fishing.

Some Old Guy

While I am waiting patiently for ice to form. I was wondering what everyone likes to use for first ice walleye.

I like my standard big sucker minnow for the big ones but for eaters I like the dropper off of either a hopkins or swedish pimple.

What do you prefer?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bear

There was about 3 inches of ice in our bay this week, when I got up this morning, the south wind had destroyed it and it had blown away. My tin boat is now able to get out of the bay....hmmmmmmm.

Anyway my opener is the standard 1/4 pz. jig tipped with ajuicy medium sized minnow. I can smell the oil warming now....

Bear

sinker7

There was about 3 inches of ice in our bay this week, when I got up this morning, the south wind had destroyed it and it had blown away. My tin boat is now able to get out of the bay....hmmmmmmm.

Anyway my opener is the standard 1/4 pz. jig tipped with ajuicy medium sized minnow. I can smell the oil warming now....

Bear

sinker7

Where's the ice - I can't wait anymore!

To add to the previously mentioned baits, along with the swedish pimple I have had great success with the 1/4 oz silver/blue cleo and my confidence bait is a 1/16 or 1/8oz perch hawger jig tipped with a 2-1/2" dace minnow.

Glenn

eyelander

If I am going on a night fish to whitefish, extra large minnows on set lines, and try a bit of jigging before it gets dark.

Crack of dawn on other lakes, one set line with medium size minnow, and jig with orange ball jigs, williams whitefish, and something called a "cisco flip" I think, tipped with a small to medium minnow.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

jiggin rap

Can't go wrong with swimming lures for those aggressive bites. Flyers go down when the bite is a little slower. A flasher is essential for telling the mood of the day so adjustments can be made.

Common hardwater I've seen enough dam deer for a season

rap

Bear

-9 last nite, same tonite, come on ice.

Bear