• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest lostcowgirl

Feedback Wanted

Guest lostcowgirl

Howdy...

I'm looking to get feedback as to whether there's any interest in the Thunder Bay area to ride (get packed in/out) on horseback for fishing, hunting, etc...

I run a public horseback riding outfit and am interested in expanding into this area.

I could do this right off the ranch in the Kakabeka Falls/Stanley area and am also willing to trailer the horses to a customer's preferred location.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Lost Cowboy Ranch

Lost Cowboy Ranch Website

Guest TerryK

Howdy...

I'm looking to get feedback as to whether there's any interest in the Thunder Bay area to ride (get packed in/out) on horseback for fishing, hunting, etc...

I run a public horseback riding outfit and am interested in expanding into this area.

I could do this right off the ranch in the Kakabeka Falls/Stanley area and am also willing to trailer the horses to a customer's preferred location.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Lost Cowboy Ranch

Lost Cowboy Ranch Website

Hi Sue,

I think this would be a great idea, but I'm not too sure how well it would be recieved by most sportsmen/women. With the popularity of ATVs and 4wd vehicles I think most of people are a bit spoiled and used to the conveinience of these vehicles. Is it in your plan to maybe have boats or canoes available to clients at certain areas? Packing in is one thing, but water access is obviously an issue you might want to look at as shore fishing is difficult if not impossible on many lakes in our area.

I know I would love to pack in (being a horse lover) for some fishing! I'm interested to hear what other opinions will be.

Some Old Guy

Hi Lostcowgirl.

I would be interested in packing in also but like Terry said the issue of water access is a concern. As for hunting would you have access to private land to hunt on? I know my dad has concerns when using his horse to hunt as a horse does sound like a moose or large deer walking and might be mistaken on crown land where others are hunting.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Dan

My opinion on this is that it's not how I get there, but where I go that's important to me. We are all fishermen/women here and all we really want is a good days fishing. If you have some nice relatively inaccessible fishing haunts, then yes, perhaps I'd be interested if there was no other access to these places.