• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest deerhunting101

Rifle Shooting Club Membership

Guest deerhunting101

Does anyone have any information on any of the rifle shooting clubs in the Thunder Bay area? I know there is the Trap and Skeet Club, but would like to join a club where I can shoot my long guns on a regular basis. I would also like my son to start shooting competetively. Any information would be appreciated.

TArmstrong

there is a range run by the New Ontario Shooters Association out by Nolalu, they have a 25, 100, 200 and 300 yard range. It's where the rifle sight in is held that goes along with the moose hunting seminar every year, its a great place, and a great bunch of guys around that always help out at the sight in. I think if you called GMK armouries and asked them about it they would let you know. 346 4088 is the number for GMK, theyre closed Sun and Mon.

Does anyone have any information on any of the rifle shooting clubs in the Thunder Bay area? I know there is the Trap and Skeet Club, but would like to join a club where I can shoot my long guns on a regular basis. I would also like my son to start shooting competetively. Any information would be appreciated.

www.tomarmstrongoutdoors.com

Guest deerhunting101
there is a range run by the New Ontario Shooters Association out by Nolalu, they have a 25, 100, 200 and 300 yard range. It's where the rifle sight in is held that goes along with the moose hunting seminar every year, its a great place, and a great bunch of guys around that always help out at the sight in. I think if you called GMK armouries and asked them about it they would let you know. 346 4088 is the number for GMK, theyre closed Sun and Mon.

Thanks I'll give that a try. Does anyone know if they shoot all year round? What's the membership cost and how do I join.

Guest Kenny
Thanks I'll give that a try. Does anyone know if they shoot all year round? What's the membership cost and how do I join.

NOSA does shoot all year. We are now shooting every Friday night at GMK, starting at 6 pm to 9pm. Only handguns and 22 rifles are allowed at the indoor range. Stop in any Friday and talk with one of the executives, ask for Dana or Warren. The range at Nolalu is open until the snow flies I believe.

My membership is for handgun and rifle range and is $150 for the year. I think you can just sign up for the outdoor rifle range (which is set upf for handgun and rifles - 300 yards) in Nolalu but you should talk with the executives. Gun safety is stressed but there are no overbearing rules and they are quite accepting of new members. I just joined 2 years ago and was made to feel very welcomed.

NOSA also host a junior shooting club, organizes the Murillo Gunshow and had a booth at the Hymer Fair. Fun shoots are organized around special dates (Valentines, Christmas, etc.)

Hope this helps.

Here is a link to the website for more info.

http://newontarioshootersassociation.googlepages.com/

Guest deerhunting101

Thanks alot Kenny. You've provided me with some great information. Maybe I'll see you out on the range. Do you know what days the outdoor range is open? I work shift work and I'm able to go during the week or is it only open on the weekends? Thanks for all the help.

Guest Kenny
Thanks alot Kenny. You've provided me with some great information. Maybe I'll see you out on the range. Do you know what days the outdoor range is open? I work shift work and I'm able to go during the week or is it only open on the weekends? Thanks for all the help.

The Nolalu range is privately owned and other orgs use the range as well so we do have specific days we shoot. Times are 8 am to 8 pm I believe. Well in the summer anyway, you'd be hardpressed to shoot past 7 pm now. I was out there last night sighting in a number of rifles and working up some handloads.

from the website:

Outdoor Range Operating Hours for NOSA

Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays, and the second Saturday of the month.

Some guys have been given the boot for not shooting within those days so take this into account before you make the drive out there.

Guest wesm

deerhunting101,

You can join New Ontario Shooters Association with two different memberships. There is an outdoor range only membership for $75.00 or indoor(.22 rifles and pistols) and outdoor for $150.00. There is a family membership as well (can't remember the cost on that but I think it's $175.00 but don't quote me). Prices may increase slightly in the upcoming year depending on range fees.

Stop by GMK on a Friday evening between 7-9 and talk to the guys sitting around the table. Someone will point you to an executive member who can sort out a membership for you. It will be a bit hard to track someone down in the next couple of weeks as most go out hunting but you can still take your chances stopping by.

You'll need a membership and a key to shoot at the range as it is only for members of New Ontario Shooters Association to shoot on right now.

(Kenny, good to see you are pushing the website.)

Wes

Guest SteveTBay

Here is a 2012 update about the Thunder Bay New Ontario Shooters Association (NOSA).

This is a very active, and family-friendly, Thunder Bay pistol and rifle shooting club.

INDOOR SHOOTING. NOSA Adult member shooting is for pistols, and rifles in pistol calibers, 7 - 9 p.m. every non-holiday Friday evening between mid September and end April (with sometimes an extension in May). The very popular NOSA Junior Shooters Program target shoots with precision air and rimfire rifles (provided by the club) on Wednesday evenings 7 - 9 p.m. over that same period.

OUTDOOR SHOOTING. From May to October inclusive, all NOSA members have full use of the 25, 100, 200, and 300 meter ranges at Nolalu every Thursday through Sunday. The 25 meter range accommodates pistol or any rifle or shotgun with slugs. The longer ranges are for any rifle, and a shotgun with slugs can be used on the 100 meter targets.

Contact and other information about this Thunder Bay shooting club, with many pictures of club members' activities, and some helpful articles about shooting, can be found at the new NOSA website:

http://nosa-newontarioshooters.org/

And yes these folks go fishing together too. We love outdoors activities.

Steve