• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jayfishin

New Lever Actions

Jayfishin

Has anyone had any experience or own either the new Mossberg Model 464 30-30 cal?

Or how about the new Marlin 308 Express?

I checked out one of the Mossbergs at D&R. It feels good. Very similar to the old win '94.

I haven't picked up one of the new marlin 308s but like the thought of a lever action in this caliber. Winchester made a 307 cal in the 94 model for awhile which is basically a 308.

Anyone have any imput?

Jay

Buck 120

While I don't have any input on the calibers you quoted, I just love my Win Model 94 375 caliber Big bore.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Jayfishin

I used to have a win 94 30-30 but I traded it for a 6.5x55 which had alittle better balistics for shooting past 100yds. Then I sold that one. Now I wish I kept the old 94! Trying to get my hands on another now. But due to winchester's halt in making this gun the prices have gone up and guys are hanging onto them now.

Jay

Buck 120

Did you check with Gerry at GMK Armouries or Canadian Tire in Kenora, they sell used guns. (Only Canadian Tire in Canada to sell used guns) 807-468-3014.

A buddy of mine picked up a Win Model 94 375 caliber Big bore at the Canadian tire in Kenora a couple of years back..you never know.

Another option could be Perry's Gun & Bow Shop in Sault Ste Marie 705-759-8346.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Jayfishin

GMK had one but it was priced at bit too high ($650). I could pick up one of the new mossberg 30-30 for $369 at SIR (now Cabela's) in Winnipeg. These guns are almost identical to the win 94's.

I may give those other places a try...thanx for the info.

Jay

Jayfishin
Marlin 308 Express is such a nice shooting gun!!!!

I got me new one last week but haven't had a chance to try shooting it yet. It definitely has a nice feel to it, can't wait for next hunting season already!

Jay

NorthwestHunter

Jay,

Let me know how you like that Marlin 308 Express, I own a marlin 336 in 30-30 and love it. As for the caliber the balistics are merely identical to that of the .307 win but it is a pretty cool new shell. Where did you get the gun? Is it the laminated with stainless stock?

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession