• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bottom Bouncer

Gander Mountain/Cabelas rumor

Bottom Bouncer

I was hearing of a rumor, that Gander Mountain was in trouble in Duluth MN and was shutting the doors. Well this passed weekend I went there and did some asking. The first employee I met was at the front door and he was taking inventory of how many people were entering the store. (first time I ever saw this) When I asked about the stores future he said that they were under review from head office and numbers were being crunched, and that there store was doing the best in the state for numbers of people entering the store. I didn't see any signifigant reduction in stock but he did say it was down. The second employee told me that Cabelas has bought property and have a site 20 miles away in Cloquet? (not sure I spelled that right) He didn't say when constuction was starting but I guess it has Gander worried. In any event there still open and neither employee gave any indication that the store was closing any time soon.

REELBAIT

Guest TerryK

That would suck, but alas it's a sign of the times in the US. We should consider ourselves lucky our economy as a country is still very strong. Locally not quite as strong, but still doing OK.

Abes

One wouldn't think Gander should be worried considering that Cabelas is far more pricey.

Guest canuck

Cabela's/Sir sucks...I have been screwed by them again....never will I give them any money...should have learned from the first time.

Shane

Guest Moops

Speaking of Cabela's, I do believe there is one open in Winnipeg. I happened to come across it online.

Moops

Guest hardcorefishn

Yes, Cabelas bought out SIR Mail Order in Winnipeg last year or the year previous and they built the first Canadian Cabela's. I have not been there, but I have heard that it is set up similar to the stores in the US.

hardcorefishn

Jim

seppi

That's what Canuck said 5 days ago Guy's,read the posts boy's....LOL

Seppi