• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldfart

Lake Nipigon Campsites

Guest oldfart

Would like to make one trip to Lake Nipigon this summer.Heading out from Beardmore. Its a big lake and don"t have any idea where to go.I have looked online for campsites but no luck so far. I've contacted members on other sites but no response. I prefer crown land camping.

Croat

Yeah good one, I wouldn`t mind trying Nipigon either.Been in T-bay all my life and never tried Nip lake yet.

Chuck

poplar point has great camping facilities water hook ups and such It also has a great beach and boat launch They do charge 15$ a night though other than that can"t help you out on the east side of the lake At the south end there is pine portage not sure on camping I know you can access it on the west side via the Poshagogan River or through Pishidgi Lake which has some great camp spots take the Kopka river nto Wabinosh Lake which also has some lunker fish theriver flows into Wabinosh Bay on the north west side of Lake Nipigon but the rapids might make you wonder if it's worth it

That"s all I have, maybe someone else knows Good Luck Chuck

Git "er done

Bill Arnott

You can camp at Poplar Point or High Hill Harbour accessed from Beardmore. There are spots to camp on Shakespeare Island(15miles out) and the Gros Cap that are protected should things get ugly...and they can get very ugly(can you say 15 footers). Make sure you have a marine radio to keep up-to-date on storms approaching.

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM