• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest fishermedic

Post pics of your outfit here!!

Guest fishermedic
Here is a little something that I picked up for the 2009 GWC. The only issue I have with the boat is Rod Storage. With a 427 chev. engine and dual over head cam's, not to mention the bindal bearing relief kit for the inline flipper gasket torque converter. Combine that with super charged reeds and spindal banger quad killers. What a combo. :lol:

post-461-1240095060_thumb.jpg

Nice clean lines, looks like a great boat. I think you could probably strap the rods to the front "casting deck", just make sure you take your hooks off first, you wouldn't want one to snag ya while it's blowin' in the breeze! :lol:

I like the pics form the GWC parade of boats, can't wait to meet and fish against you guys this year.

Gone8to1248

Here are some pictures up close while boat was still on show room floor. Had to put SOLD signs on it because to many people were wanting to buy it! :rolleyes:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/gon...12/100_0212.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/gon...12/100_0216.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/gon...12/100_0207.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/gon...12/100_0208.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/gon...12/100_0211.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/gon...12/100_0210.jpg

The RAM mounts for the front locator was recomended by Bill and George (GC54) and I liked it so much that I added one to the trolling motor to hold it steady while running with the boat to keep it from bouncing. The E-Tec was Bruces (Bear) call to go that route, my second choice would have been a Yamaha. The locator system idea was given to me by George,Bill and Bear. A lot of the rigging on this came from help from the PRO members on here who gave me a lot of guidence. Some of my own ideas where adding a specail main power disconnect switch at the batteries in case kids get in the boat and start turnning on switchs and drainning the batteries or burnning up pump motors and such. The motor will be totally enclosed in a 2 piece cover to keep road grime and dirt out of the lower unit while travelling with it. The 9.9 Kicker motor will be mounted to a CMC tilt and trim set back plate that is hydraulic operated. The rod holders will all be flush mount on the side rails as to not catch lines when not in use. A trim guage was added for the main motor to help setting it to the proper range for running and take-offs. With all this the boat should only be in Canadas colors of Red and White! You all have enough in it! :lol: But NO you can't borrow it! Just joking there. If someone needs to use it they only have to ask.

Being seeing you all on the water for some BASS KICKING!

gone8to1248

Bernie

DJL66

Here are some pics of my 17' Crestliner. It has a 140 Johnson 4s EFI, 80# Terrova with AP/US, Minn kota on board charger, CD, Humminbird finders, conversion bow and rear bench seat that folds to make a large casting deck, Walker downriggers, boarding ladder and a full fisherman's top. This boat replaced my Lund Pro Angler tiller last fall and is better suited for my young family and fishing on Superior than the Lund.

http://s600.photobucket.com/albums/tt85/fi...=IMG_1686-1.jpg

http://s600.photobucket.com/albums/tt85/fi...nt=IMG_1694.jpg

http://s600.photobucket.com/albums/tt85/fi...nt=IMG_1688.jpg

http://s600.photobucket.com/albums/tt85/fi...nt=IMG_1689.jpg

http://s600.photobucket.com/albums/tt85/fi...nt=IMG_1691.jpg

Castnblast
Giving the right conditions and very light load, I have hit 77mph and change. Full tournament load and two guys I'm running 73.0mph to 73.6mph. Yes, I sent the prop to a guy in Indiana. Talked to him the other day and we think I should see some big gains, 3-5mph is usually the norm from this guy. Looking to see the 80mph barrier fall this summer. Check him out.

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/64730

http://www.bassboatcentral.com/marksprops1.htm

Funny thing though is I had some of my worst finishes out of this boat last year. :( It to until mid September but all the kinks are out now... no excuses this year. :)

77 mph on water sounds crazy fast to me. Would you open that baby up on a lake you were unfamiliar with? I,m not a tourney guy, my rig does 28-30 mph on a good day.

What is the blue printed prop thing all about?

Is tournament fishing that competitive that the gain from a prop job justifies the cost?

Sounds like the tournament scene is all about details.

Bottom Bouncer

Here is a look at my 17ft LUND PRO V with a 75 hp 4-stroke. (Unrigged in pictures)

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

REELBAIT

Guest TerryK
Here is a little something that I picked up for the 2009 GWC. The only issue I have with the boat is Rod Storage. With a 427 chev. engine and dual over head cam's, not to mention the bindal bearing relief kit for the inline flipper gasket torque converter. Combine that with super charged reeds and spindal banger quad killers. What a combo. :lol:

post-461-1240095060_thumb.jpg

Dude, you use the INLINE flipper gasket torque converter?? Everyone knows the OFFSET FLOPPER gasket torque converter is far, far superior and is 31% more efficient at reversing the harmful flamsol gas jets that would absolutely DESTROY the harmonic spoiler valve inside your bindal bearing housing. You really should consider converting to the better unit.

Bottom Bouncer

Terry K...That was funny. :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

REELBAIT

Trevor Zimak

R-R-R-I-I-I-I-I-G-H-T!!

Castnblast

I love that red ProV. How does that 75 Merc push it?

Bottom Bouncer
I love that red ProV. How does that 75 Merc push it?

Thanks Castnblast, The boat is a 1991 and was completely refurbished in 2007. The motor is a 2002 and because the boat is narrower than the current Pro Vee I have GPS this combination at 40.7 miles an hour by myself minus some batteries etc... Last year in the GWC my partner and I only hit about 37.1,37.2 fully tournament rigged.

REELBAIT

Castnblast
Thanks Castnblast, The boat is a 1991 and was completely refurbished in 2007. The motor is a 2002 and because the boat is narrower than the current Pro Vee I have GPS this combination at 40.7 miles an hour by myself minus some batteries etc... Last year in the GWC my partner and I only hit about 37.1,37.2 fully tournament rigged.

I thought it might be an older model but that rig looks right mint! Did you pick it up in the US? You don't see may red trailmasters around.

Love the space of the bigger tillers. Nice fishing boat Nisswa.

Trevor Zimak
77 mph on water sounds crazy fast to me. Would you open that baby up on a lake you were unfamiliar with? I,m not a tourney guy, my rig does 28-30 mph on a good day.

What is the blue printed prop thing all about?

Is tournament fishing that competitive that the gain from a prop job justifies the cost?

Sounds like the tournament scene is all about details.

I'll try and answer your questions:

In the general, I usually run the boat around 3500rpm. Which puts me around 40mph. Unless im in a tournament there isn't too much need to go any faster. As for unfamiliar water, if im on a lake that is sketchy or i'm really unsure, I would be idling through.

Blueprinting a prop completely balances the prop to a mircomillimeter, blades are thinned, and the edges are greatly sharpened. There are other things involved, but that depends on boat and motor variables.

Total cost for blue printing is around 250 US with all shipping both ways. This is by far the cheapest way to gain mph hands down.

The tournaments I fish near Kenora and Fort are three of the toughest bass tournaments in Canada. Anything these guys can do to give them more time fishing, better knowledge of fish/spots, etc, is done, within the rules. The KBI is launched out of Kenora and the area of Lake of the Woods I fish.... well... I'ts nothing for me to put on 125-150 miles a day. A gain in 5mph would give me about 15 more minutes of fishing.... needless to say I've caught 17lb bags in 5 minutes before.

L J B

Here is my rig. I love her just as much as the day I first met her. We have been together for almost 20 years now......Wait a minute..... Who,s that in the front? Could it be the captain of the Rocket Ship. I think it is!

post-117-1240197924_thumb.jpgpost-117-1240198135_thumb.jpg

Bottom Bouncer
I thought it might be an older model but that rig looks right mint! Did you pick it up in the US? You don't see may red trailmasters around.

Love the space of the bigger tillers. Nice fishing boat Nisswa.

Hey Castnblast... Picked this up 60 miles South of Chicago in March of 2006. They were the original owners and it was always stored in the garage. The trailer was replaced in 1995 and is in awesome shape,I guess they don't see a lot of gravel down there next to the big city. The only thing I did was replace the carpet on the bunks. As for the big tiller,ya it does give you a lot of room and I usually only have one pedestal in the boat at the back and I stand up front using my minn-kota 80# hand tiller. I fish by myself most of the time and if someone does come along I just throw another one in. :)

REELBAIT

Trevor Zimak

QUOTE (L J B @ Apr 19 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is my rig. I love her just as much as the day I first met her. We have been together for almost 20 years now......Wait a minute..... Who,s that in the front? Could it be the captain of the Rocket Ship. I think it is!

post-117-1240197924_thumb.jpgpost-117-1240198135_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing that L J B :) That picture was taken at the Kenora Bass International in 1999, the very first bass tournament I ever fished. I think there was only half a dozen 14 footers in a field of almost 200 that year. Everyone should fish a major tournament once, no matter what kind of boat you have.... believe me its an amazing experience. Plus.... if L J B (originally from Kenora) never asked me if I wanted to fish it just for the hell of it, I probably would not be doing it now. :)

Bear

In the general, I usually run the boat around 3500rpm. Which puts me around 40mph. Unless im in a tournament there isn't too much need to go any faster. As for unfamiliar water, if im on a lake that is sketchy or i'm really unsure, I would be idling through.

Blueprinting a prop completely balances the prop to a mircomillimeter, blades are thinned, and the edges are greatly sharpened. There are other things involved, but that depends on boat and motor variables.

Total cost for blue printing is around 250 US with all shipping both ways. This is by far the cheapest way to gain mph hands down.

The tournaments I fish near Kenora and Fort are three of the toughest bass tournaments in Canada. Anything these guys can do to give them more time fishing, better knowledge of fish/spots, etc, is done, within the rules. The KBI is launched out of Kenora and the area of Lake of the Woods I fish.... well... I'ts nothing for me to put on 125-150 miles a day. A gain in 5mph would give me about 15 more minutes of fishing.... needless to say I've caught 17lb bags in 5 minutes before.

That many miles.....learn patience...old bull - young bull theory.

I will explain it to you some day.

Bear

Castnblast

good answer. I guess you are talking about SS props. I can only imagine taking off for the KBI on LOTW in that rocket must be a rush. Intense fishing.

I like the humble beginnings of the 14 foot KBI primer. Gotta start somewhere.

You owe your buddy.

Good luck with your schedule this year.

cnb

Castnblast
Hey Castnblast... Picked this up 60 miles South of Chicago in March of 2006. They were the original owners and it was always stored in the garage. The trailer was replaced in 1995 and is in awesome shape,I guess they don't see a lot of gravel down there next to the big city. The only thing I did was replace the carpet on the bunks. As for the big tiller,ya it does give you a lot of room and I usually only have one pedestal in the boat at the back and I stand up front using my minn-kota 80# hand tiller. I fish by myself most of the time and if someone does come along I just throw another one in. :)

Nice. Some great deals south of the border. You're right about the lack of gravel in the midwest. There are alot of concrete launches and the soft bottom lakes they fish are easy on aluminium. Also, everyone lives within a 1.5 hour radius of Cabela's so alot of US anglers tend to max out on options and rigging, (except Bernie lol) so good value can be had on lightly used boats with a strong loonie.

Speaking of accessories, how do you like the hand tiller up front?

Guest fishermedic

Wow, that's some extreme fishing. You really need to be on your game when every second counts!

Nice rig Nisswa, I know what to look for starting June 23! ;)

Trevor Zimak
That many miles.....learn patience...old bull - young bull theory.

I will explain it to you some day.

Bear

Plenty of patience here...

45-50 miles to the area I fish, than add in all the running around from spot to spot, than the ride back. Not sure is I will be running south this year. May go back to fishing West and around town this year. See what happens at BBC.

Bottom Bouncer

Castnblast...That hand held tiller on the front. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it an 11. Awesome,Awesome unit for the Walleye guy. I also run 2 Lowrance LCX 27c front and back. Great units with 7" screens. :)

REELBAIT

Bear
Plenty of patience here...

45-50 miles to the area I fish, than add in all the running around from spot to spot, than the ride back. Not sure is I will be running south this year. May go back to fishing West and around town this year. See what happens at BBC.

I prefished west, was the dead sea, and lots of boats in that area. I have some other spots that performed well last year, and reload quickly. Tell you later.

BB

Trevor Zimak

Ya I fished down in that area when I really started to get into tournament fishing. Every spot we prefished had boats on them during the tournament. One of the main reasons we started running south. Only problem is when she blows a 50 minute ride at 70+ becomes a a 1h 50 at half throttle. Still a lot boating running down to the turtle portage area though. Gonna spent a couple days down in Sab this year.

Bottom Bouncer

C'mon guy's there's gotta be some more rigs out there. Let's see. :)

REELBAIT

Monks

Here is my rig. It is a 17.5' Aluminum Ranger Cherokee, yes aluminum. They made them for a few years and I finally found one last year. Picked it up in Springfield, Illinois. It has a 2008 90 hp e-tec on the back, minn kota autopilot up front Humminbird 997 at the helm and a humminbird 798 at the bow. Dual live wells lots of casting deck up front and at the rear and a nice top for those fall deer hunting days on Lake of the Woods. Like all rangers you can fill it completely full off water and it won't sink. Not something I hope too test.

A versatile boat for our neck of the woods. It is a deep-V that sits low too the water which is great for tournament bass fishing. It is rated for a 130 hp. Hoping to upgrade in the next few years to a bigger e-tec. Had justbought the 90 though and took it off my other boat.

See ya on the water