• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest fishermedic

Post pics of your outfit here!!

Monks
Hey, monks is that you in the pink or the one at the helm?

The Helm, the picture makes me seem short.

Bottom Bouncer

MONKS nice rig it must go pretty good. I see a windshield in my future with my growing family. I'm thinking...YAR-CRAFT, RANGER or a WARRIOR with a 200+ hp and 20 foot. I'll also consider a 2025 pro vee. :)

REELBAIT

Bill Arnott

BCboats-1.jpg

Mine on the left....Cory's on the right....waiting for the night bite!

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

Guest JEG67

18 ' Princecraft PRO Series

135 Optimax

Minn Kota 70 PDUS2

Lowrance X102C front

Lowrance HDS-7 rear

Owners manual in french ...LOL

post-784-1240605583_thumb.jpgpost-784-1240605605_thumb.jpgpost-784-1240605673_thumb.jpgpost-784-1240605692_thumb.jpg

Bottom Bouncer
BCboats-1.jpg

Mine on the left....Cory's on the right....waiting for the night bite!

>Bill

Very nice Bill.

REELBAIT

Bottom Bouncer

Nice boat Jeff, top speed must be in the high 40's ?

REELBAIT

Guest JEG67
Nice boat Jeff, top speed must be in the high 40's ?

Highest I've seen was 52 on GPS with a Laser II that Mark's Props balanced for me.

Trevor Zimak

Hey Jeff,

Need any opti oil? :)

Trevor Zimak

Also wondering what you were running before getting the prop balanced by Mark... im waiting for ice out to try mine... got it back today... looks very nice :)

Guest jval

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the board. From Green Bay, WI. I troll Michigan for Salmon and the bay of Green Bay for Walleye. Last weekend we picked up 5. 22" was the smallest and 27 was the biggest. Best trophy walleye fishing in the midwest. Doesn't compare though to your beautiful fishery that you have. We love Lac Des Mille Lac. We have an annual trip the second week in June. Best Week of my summer. Thanks for all of your posts and we have a great respect for your water up there. Beautiful land and great people. He is what I run. I'm partial to Lund and Yamaha. If anyone wants to fish salmon in Wisconsin, I would be glad to swap information or just help you out. Let me know.

JV

post-1023-1240654710_thumb.jpg

post-1023-1240654763_thumb.jpg

post-1023-1240655078_thumb.jpg

Guest JEG67
Also wondering what you were running before getting the prop balanced by Mark... im waiting for ice out to try mine... got it back today... looks very nice :)

Hey Trevor

I haven't got oil for this year yet, so ya I do.

As for the prop,

I have a 19 & 21 Laser II. The 19 ran strong rpm with speed a hair below 50. The 21 ran on the low end of the rpm limit with speed a hair above 50 , BUT with tournament load the speed dropped way off.

After reading all the "Marks the greatest" testimonials on BBC, I bought another 21 on ebay and sent it down to him. He called me and told me he was going to make it a 20P, balance , blue print and send her back the same day. Sure enough, he did. He sent a note saying that he did not do much thinning as the Laser II is pretty thin already.

Anyway, here's what happened. The new prop runs high end of the rpm limit, speed 52 at highest and is not greatly effected by tournament load (high 40's fairly comfortable). There was one side effect, around 40 mph, the motor changes sounds almost like a truck going into trans lock on the highway. Called Mark, and he said this is do to the Laser II not having much CUP and slipping water at certain rpm's. The fix would be to add CUP but then bring down the rpm across the range. He also said the Tempest's are not prone to this as they have lots of CUP already. I tried a tempest but I can barely pull a 19. My boat is almost the identical shape of a PRO V but weighs much much less and with my motor in the water to the T plate, I'm sticking with the laser.

Can't wait to see how yours performs !!!!

Jeff

Trevor Zimak

Ya, I took it out of the box today and put it on the boat. I compared it to the 26P Tempest and 26P Trophy I have and the blades are super thin. Plus I put a severe gash on my knuckle becuase when I was tightening the prop the stupid wrench slipped and I hit the prop with my knucke. OUCH!!! Those blades are razor shap!!

I used to run a 23 laser on my old, old 150 and tried a 23 Tempest, couldn't spin it, counldn't even get out of the hole. Tempest's have such a large diameter that it's hard for the small V6's to turn them becuase you need a lot of lower end torque for these props. Also, the tempest's have a lot of cup already becuase they are primarily meant to be ran on larger bass boat hulls. And in most applications the prop is breaking the surface, so you require more cup to reduce slippage, as you described.

As of right now my prop (27 Tempest) is running in the middle rpm range. 5800-5850 (6300 limit) so i'm hoping I should be pulling just above 6-6100 now. Talked to a Merc race tech in S. Carolina about 4 weeks ago and he said the 250 race opti's make the best power around 6000rpm and are actually putting out 268hp at the prop shaft in the range. ?? Who knows.

As soon as I can get it out I will let you know the numbers.

Guest targa1900
seppi

JV ,great to see the kids in the new outfit as well as some of your older kids !!!!! LOL

Seppi

Guest Beamer

Heres mine- 1625 Luhd Mercury 40 EFI 55lb MinneKotas front and back Lowrance 522c Finder

dscf0411.jpg

P72701282.jpg

P7040019.jpg

Beamer

Guest jval
JV ,great to see the kids in the new outfit as well as some of your older kids !!!!! LOL

Seppi

Seppi,

A couple years and both will be coming to Lac with us. Can't wait. One of them loves getting up at 3am to go salmon fishing. The other likes his sleep. Can't wait to go to god's country. Man you guys have a great fishery. A couple of those old kids aren't coming this year. Just three of us going. All three love to pound the water though.

JV

oneshot

How the hell do you put pics on here? I have tried but it will not upload. I am trying to put more than one pic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Monks
How the hell do you put pics on here? I have tried but it will not upload. I am trying to put more than one pic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

He One Shot

Hope this helps, went through this my first time. First click the browse button and find your picture on your own computer and then upload it by clicking the "upload" button. Then you have to go just above the upload button on the "Manage Current Attachments drop down menu. From here you will see the pictures you uploaded. Make sure the cursor is in the position where you want the picture to go within your typed message and click on the green + sign. The picture will be added. If you have more than one picture upload them first and hen add them.

Hopefully I have not confused you

oneshot

Thanks monks but there is no pic in the manage dropdown menu and no +add button I don't think it is down loading the pic maybe it is to big. I don't know but thanks for the help.

Guest Nonus
Thanks monks but there is no pic in the manage dropdown menu and no +add button I don't think it is down loading the pic maybe it is to big. I don't know but thanks for the help.

Roger should make a sticky ;)

oneshot

I'm gonna try again for the umpteenth time,this is my rig, not a lot of good pics of her but here she is 30 h johnson 4 stroke on a princecraft 142 pro fisherman

still no go !!!!!!!!!!

Trevor Zimak

C'mon guys.... There has got to be more guys with some bass boats out there. Lets see some more rigs.

Guest fishermedic

Come on guys, someone else must have taken their boat out of hibernation! Lets see some more pics!

Out of 1000 members there is only one bass boat?!? Wow Trevor, you're the only one! Do you feel special? :)

Guest Munshaw

No doubt about it, bass boats wipe the floor to walleye boats in certain situations (tournaments obviously) but around here, pretty impractical for walleye chasers. I can only think of a handful of lakes or rivers within a couple hours drive I'd be comfortable operating a boat like that on. Most places I fish would beat the piss out of a bass boat. Take a drive out toward Vermillion Bay and further in the summer time however, and the demographic starts to change.

Alumacraft Navigator 165, 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Tiller, 24V 80 lb. Minn Kota Terrova, Humminbird Matrix 97 GPS, CUP HOLDERS!

This is a photo from its first fishing trip in Ontario last year, still has the WS stickers on it! Many things changed/added since last year. Only thing left to do is add some wave whackers.

img1425a.jpg