• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unbedable

Cruisin' after boozin'

Guest Wes

OK here is something really sad. Another city bus driver was just busted for impaired driving, while on the job. This A-hole was driving you to work, driving your kids to school, driving a little old lady to get her meds and grociers. WTF! This is the second city bus driver to get busted in the last year. I have no respect or sympathy for this person at all. I hope there is a zero tolerance and this person is never allowed to drive a city vehicle again, in any city. I trust this person will also lose his/her job. This goes for any person trusted to operate any public vehicle. Eg. Squad car, Ambulance, taxi. etc. etc.

..::UPDATE::..

I just read the article again, and it makes mention that the charge is not explicitly Drunk driving, just impaired. So the driver may not have been drinking given the definition of Impaired driving. So I guess the above story doesn't really apply to this thread. My Bad!

This goes to show how bad of a disease alcoholism really is. Once it gets it's strangle hold on you, your life starts to suffer. Families are ripped apart, careers are ruined, lives are lost!

Terry, some people just can't control themselves. For these people it may not be a case of "I have to have a drink when I go out." more so "I NEED to have a drink when I go out.".

I bet we are going to see a lot more DWI charges in the city. People just don't get it. Boozin and Cruisin, just does not cut it.

I too have also lost a friend, who was drinkin, to a drunk driving accident. I use the term accident loosly. This one could have been prevented. Good thing he didn't take anyone with him.

My earlier post may not accuratly reflect my feelings. I try to shed light on too much sometimes. Forever the wannabe comic. This subject is much more serious. I want to say at not time did I think this new law was bogus. I think it is a great idea.

Guest Wes
Oh, but it is ok to call more than one commentor names, as long as you don't say their individual name. "Contrary to what many of the people think"

I see now.

Oh come on!, you haven't called all the Red Wing fans a bunch of pansies? Ooops, sorry maybe that is a little too close to home. OK George take it easy, put the knife down!

Well any comment like that is the same crap, just a different pile is all. I think people who dispute this new law really need to re-think their stand and come up with a better reason why it is a bad idea.

Guest Ityflies
Oh come on!, you haven't called all the Red Wing fans a bunch of pansies? Ooops, sorry maybe that is a little too close to home. OK George take it easy, put the knife down!

Well any comment like that is the same crap, just a different pile is all. I think people who dispute this new law really need to re-think their stand and come up with a better reason why it is a bad idea.

Wes

I totally agree with the law! I am a Drug/Alcohol worker here in Thunder Bay.

I just think that every member here deserves the right to their own opinion without being called names.

(according to the boards Golden Rules)

Gone8to1248

the word whiner has been replaced with the word people so lets just move on from here.

gone8to1248

Guest TerryK
Oh, but it is ok to call more than one commentor names, as long as you don't say their individual name. "Contrary to what many of the people think"

I see now.

lol, There was NO indication whatsoever that I was referring to anyone on this forum. If you feel so insecure with yourself that you take offense at something like a typed word on a forum that wasn't clearly directed at you, it might be advisable to find another way to spend your time.

Grow up.

Mr. Canoehead

My opinion: There is no evidence to show that more accidents are being caused by drivers who are at .08 than .05 BOC. Accidents are caused by DRUNK people and someone at .08 is not drunk. Where is the evidence that .08= drunk?

Anti drunk driving lobby groups have pressured the government to lower the rate of accidents which are caused by DUI. For some reason they cannot take real drunk driver's licenses away because these people cry to the judge that they need their license to go to work and besides they go to AA meetings now! I know of a few individuals myself who have been busted DUI several times and still have their licenses. WHY? They should not be allowed to drive.

So what does the government do? Window dressing. Pepper. Whatever you call it, they are trying to look like they've accomplished something meaningful with this new law. All it will do is persecute those who've done nothing wrong. Why not make tougher drunk driving laws? Maybe too many politicians wouldn't be able to drive to work, anymore, LOL who knows!

Guest TerryK
Accidents are caused by DRUNK people and someone at .08 is not drunk. Where is the evidence that .08= drunk?

Oh boy, I just wouldn't even begin to know where to start in explaining just how wrong this is.

One thing I can say is: impaired is the word.

Guest Wes

Like someone mentioned earlier .08 effects people differently. When it is time to take it up a notch I can toss back an embarrassing amount of beer, but some days, for some reason or another, I toss back just 1 and I can feel that little buzz. Maybe my BOC is only .05 but I still have a buzz, should I drive? NO

You don't have to be DRUNK to have an impaired reaction time.

Here is something to think about...

Load your hunting rifle, take off the safety and point it at your face. How comfortable does that make you feel? Your finger is not on the trigger yet I bet you have a severe case of the willies. The firearm isn't going to go off because your finger isn't on the trigger. The reason you have the willies is because something COULD happen.

Well a driver with BOC of > .05 COULD be an "Accident" waiting to happen. Why not prevent it in the first place?

I totally agree with you on the stiffer penalties. If someone gets busted there should NO leniency. Who cares if the person needs their license for work. Is it fair that someone loose a family member because of a drunk driver?

OK rant over!

Disclaimer: PLEASE DO NOT LOAD YOUR FIREARM AND POINT IT AT YOU FACE! THAT WOULD BE VERY STUPID!

Guest TerryK
Disclaimer: PLEASE DO NOT LOAD YOUR FIREARM AND POINT IT AT YOU FACE! THAT WOULD BE VERY STUPID!

Be careful Wes, the caps lock police are watching! (and I don't mean the Mods!)

Guest fish_on
Oh boy, I just wouldn't even begin to know where to start in explaining just how wrong this is.

One thing I can say is: impaired is the word.

Maybe start with what he first said "My opinion:" not yours...We all heard your opinion a couple times and then some (here in this article and more...). Are you only on here to drum up fights...?? it really seems so most of the time lately!

Guest TerryK
Maybe start with what he first said "My opinion:" not yours...We all heard your opinion a couple times and then some (here in this article and more...). Are you only on here to drum up fights...?? it really seems so most of the time lately!

Actually, if would have read the entire thread, you would see that I stated my opinion, but was then but was berated by someone for doing so, just because I used the word "whiner" in my post.

And besides, am I not allowed MY opinion? Seems that I'm not most of the time lately.

Guest Kevin Green

My opinion: There is no evidence to show that more accidents are being caused by drivers who are at .08 than .05 BOC. Accidents are caused by DRUNK people and someone at .08 is not drunk. Where is the evidence that .08= drunk?

Anti drunk driving lobby groups have pressured the government to lower the rate of accidents which are caused by DUI. For some reason they cannot take real drunk driver's licenses away because these people cry to the judge that they need their license to go to work and besides they go to AA meetings now! I know of a few individuals myself who have been busted DUI several times and still have their licenses. WHY? They should not be allowed to drive.

So what does the government do? Window dressing. Pepper. Whatever you call it, they are trying to look like they've accomplished something meaningful with this new law. All it will do is persecute those who've done nothing wrong. Why not make tougher drunk driving laws? Maybe too many politicians wouldn't be able to drive to work, anymore, LOL who knows!

[/quote

There are two offences for Drinking and Driving offences Impaired Operation and Over 80 You can be charged for Impaired Operation and still provide a Breath sample under .08 If the officer believes that you are Impaired via his Observations or a Standardized Field Sobriety Test.

As someone stated the offence is having your abilty Impaired you don't have to be drunk.

Also there is no such thing as an accident they are collisions. Collisions are preventable and usually there is operator error involved whether it be driving impaired, too fast for road or weather conditions, etc.