• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fishintbay

redoing my carpet

Guest fishintbay

Does anyone do carpet replacement in town ? or if i was to do it my self for a 16' boat what would the rough price to do it

Guest Munshaw

Just do it yourself - easy labour. Remove all the hardware, pull the wood out, just peel off the old carpeting and get some of the proper glue and stainless hardware and reinstall. While you're at it, replace the wood with marine grade P.T. plywood. It's very easy to do, just requires some time. You're going to pay a lot for someone else to do it I would think. Should cost less than $100 in materials to do it yourself I would imagine (just carpeting).

mmgg

Does anyone do carpet replacement in town ? or if i was to do it my self for a 16' boat what would the rough price to do it

[/qu

NORMS' should ,,,,,or disassemble it clean it up and call any carpet guy ,Zegils floor mart, 1-2 hrs it will be done right,

in your garage.

under $250 for carpet,,$50 for glue and staples

doing it your-self ....to diassemble,clean , carpet and reassemble takes a good 5-10 hrs depending on wether you have to remove engine controls and wiring or not. ususally longer because you decide to fix some other stuff you find or break.

NWO

When you buy the carpet glue, make sure you also get the properly notched spreader for that type of carpet glue. If not, it won't glue down evenly.