• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis Schallock

2010 SSS

gone fishin'
It's here: Positioned Teams, S.S.S.

Roger

P.S. I'm forcing issues with my editor. It looks ok on my end. Does it look (format) ok on your computer?

Roger- what took so long to get the teams up!!!

:P:P:P

Just kidding!

All of the organizers are doing a superb job! My hat's off to you!

Bear

Great job. Just wish I started a little higher, but that OK, what counts is the end of the day. Guess I will have to bring more HP than Zimmer.

So....we still have 9 months of smack until the tournament......

Bear

DJL66

Since my partner and I have drawn such a poor start position for the SSS I have decided to buy a new boat to make up for the time lost at the take off. This baby should fly! :lol:

post-31-1257371436_thumb.jpg

GC 54

Don, you're funny! But its not where you start, its where you end. Just as I told Zimmer at the draw on Monday night, my 19th starting position for the 2010 SSS is just like his 19th finishing postion in the 2008 SSS. :lol: But he has sure improved. But yes I ended up in 17th last year Zimmer, just to save you from having to remind me.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Trevor Zimak
Since my partner and I have drawn such a poor start position for the SSS I have decided to buy a new boat to make up for the time lost at the take off. This baby should fly! :lol:

post-31-1257371436_thumb.jpg

That is definately fake. That is not a power stearing tiller handle for one and you would definately need it. Very good photoshop skills though. I wonder what kind of speeds that thing would get if this package actually existed. Someone out there has got to be crazy enough to have tried it.

Trevor Zimak
Don, you're funny! But its not where you start, its where you end. Just as I told Zimmer at the draw on Monday night, my 19th starting position for the 2010 SSS is just like his 19th finishing postion in the 2008 SSS. :lol: But he has sure improved. But yes I ended up in 17th last year Zimmer, just to save you from having to remind me.

You are right Geogre, starting position does not matter. Prime example... I started last on both days of the Fall Classic!

Trevor Zimak
Great job. Just wish I started a little higher, but that OK, what counts is the end of the day. Guess I will have to bring more HP than Zimmer.

So....we still have 9 months of smack until the tournament......

Bear

You can have my 250. 300 will on order in JAN :)

DJL66
That is definately fake. That is not a power stearing tiller handle for one and you would definately need it. Very good photoshop skills though. I wonder what kind of speeds that thing would get if this package actually existed. Someone out there has got to be crazy enough to have tried it.

Who needs power steering, I have biceps like Popeye. :closedeyes:

Guest SSS DRAW MONKEY
Who needs power steering, I have biceps like Popeye. :closedeyes:

Like this arm wrestler?

article-1220536-06D3F2F0000005DC-274_468

matthas-schlitte-huge-arm.jpg

GC 54

With four entries received since the early bird starting position draw, the SSS now has 60 registrants. That means there are only 10 open spots left. So if you want to fish this great local tournament, act fast and register. There are blank registration forms with copies of the rules attached, down at D & R. Once these last 10 registrations get in, a draw will take place for those 14 starting positions. After those 14 positions are filled, a waiting list will be compiled.

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

GC 54

........as of noon today there are only 8 spots left, after that it is waiting list only, don't procrastinate, get down to D & R with your registration and entry fee. There are some blank registration forms with copies of the rules at D & R.

GC 54

With the 62 teams that have already registered, plus the 4 registrations that are sitting at D & R at noon today, this leaves only 4 positions open for the 2010 SSS. What a great response. Just proves that going to a two day format is being well received.

I would advise you that the remaining 4 spots will fill quickly. Then it is waiting list only. Don't be left waiting at the "dock", so to say, waiting for a cancellation. Be one of the remaining 4 teams to secure a position, now, in this great local tournament.

GC 54

I think we're now down to 3 openings left. Then a waiting list will be compiled.

Once the final 3 positions are filled, a draw will take place for those who did not make it into the early bird starting position draw.

Travis Schallock

Just dropped off my registration, I was #69. One left.

Travis Schallock

Nakina Fish and Game Club - President

GC 54

As of 10:00 am this morning, there was only one spot left for the 2010 SSS. Who is going to be that lucky team to get the last remaining spot? Get down to D & R right away and drop off your registration or fill one out there. Be sure to bring along a cheque or money order for $250.00 payable to the Shebandowan Smallmouth Showdown.

After this last position is filled, it will be waiting list only. Last year there were over 20 teams on the waiting list altogether. So the sooner you register the closer you will be to getting in on a possible cancellation.

Thanks to all for the fantastic response to the 2010 SSS.

Sometime in the near future I will be contacting each team to fill out a survey as it pertains to boats, motors, electronics, gear and tackle. The information is pertinent for our sponsors.

A draw for the 14 remaining starting positions will take place shortly after the 70th team registers.

Keep checking back to the website to see what starting position that was drawn for your team:

http://sss.thunderbayfishing.com/teams.php

GC 54

waiting list only now!

Resource Pimp

ah sh!t....I was just getting ready to head for town to DNR :) :)

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

GC 54

Don't worry RP, there is still a waiting list. However, now that Zone 6 Proposal is official, there may not be any decent size bass left since the new regs allow the beds to be stripped clean of the bigger spawning bass. :angry2:

Resource Pimp
Don't worry RP, there is still a waiting list. However, now that Zone 6 Proposal is official, there may not be any decent size bass left since the new regs allow the beds to be stripped clean of the bigger spawning bass. :angry2:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh..........Don't YOU worry George...........there were hog smallmouth in Sheban before the last reg change 12 years ago when you could still keep the big ones.

The next 5 years of weigh ins will bear the proof.....unless you guys intentionally throw the tournament and prize money by purpously wieghing in small fish!!!!!! :)

Not to mention, we still can't convince others that bass are OK to eat!!!!

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Bear
waiting list only now!

Congratulations to the volunteer organizers of this tournament. An early "full list" shows the quality of the tournament, especially when other tournaments are struggling to get competitors. It also speaks volumes to the quality of this fishery.

Keep up the good work.

Buce B

Some Old Guy

Really? It's full?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest SSS DRAW MONKEY

For those that still want to have a chance at entering the 2010 SSS, we will still accept entry forms for the waiting list at D&R and via mail.

We do however, ask that NO PAYMENT accompany the registration. If/when the time your team makes it off the waiting list and into the Tournament, we will contact you for payment.

So, historically, a few teams always make it in off the waiting list....so if you're not already in, you still have a chance.

GC 54

Thanks goes out to Johnson Outdoors for the continuous and most generous support of Humminbird and Minn Kota for the 2010 SSS. I was called tonight by the local rep to advise me that THREE sonars and TWO electric motors are ready for pickup.

Please give consideration to Humminbird and Minn Kota if you are in the market for electronics whether it is a sonar or an electric motor.

http://www.humminbird.com/

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/

And when you go to the Outdoors Show in February, be sure to stop by Johnson's booth and thank them for supporting the SSS since its inception. I am sure they will appreciate it very much.

NWO

FYI, Roger has consolidated all of the SSS threads in the Tournament Forum so as not to eat up all of the prime 1st-page space. By last glance, we had 19 of 30 threads on the first page that were SSS related. So, hopefully this will open things up a bit.