• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis Schallock

2010 SSS

GC 54

Only 25 spots left once you add in the 4 registrations that are sitting at D & R tonight. This great tournament is filling up fast, don't delay, register today!

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Trevor Zimak
Just so you are all aware of where that money goes....I'll take it and buy gold, which will only be going up between now and next summer, then before the tournament I'll return the principal. Don't worry about the profit; I'll take care of that! So get those entries in right away boys!

NWO Fishing Bum

Are you on the committee? I didn't know we had a new treassurer :huh:

Guest SSS DRAW MONKEY
Just so you are all aware of where that money goes....I'll take it and buy gold, which will only be going up between now and next summer, then before the tournament I'll return the principal. Don't worry about the profit; I'll take care of that! So get those entries in right away boys!

NWO Fishing Bum

Wow Glen, I can't believe what I'm reading.

Insinuating financial inappropriateness?

GC 54

Sure hope NWO Fishing Bum is only TRYING to be funny and not trying to smear the work of the volunteers of the SSS or the tournament itself.

The organizing committee of the 2010 SSS is made up of 4 dedicated volunteers: Tom Friday, Roger Mayer, Trevor Zimak and myself. Should anyone have any questions and/or concerns, please direct them to one of us. The four of us keep in close contact.

Thanks for understanding!

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Bear

I hope it is intended humour. I hope all who read this realize how much work it takes to organize and run a tournament. Nobody gets paid, it is all volunteers who run these events. While we (fishing people) are out prefishing and getting our gear ready, having a great nights sleep before the tournaments, the volunteers are running around getting the last minute things done to make sure it goes off without a hitch.

As for handling the funds, I am sure the committee is well above board and is properly taking care of the accounting and banking for this tournament. If you have any doubts, contact any member of the volunteer committee, with your questions. Better yet, bring your ideas to the table and become a volunteer, these great bunch of guys could use your help.

Bruce B

Guest SSS DRAW MONKEY

NWO Fishing Bum

The SSS 2010 has made it one of our objectives this year to be completely financially transparent. Too many tournaments run without showing how much money they take in vs. what they pay out, no matter what their expenses are.

Tournaments are expensive endeavors for those that choose to participate, and it only follows that tournament committees let those that sign up know where their hard earned dollars end up.

The derisive poster is just showing his true colours and ignorance.

He fails to realize:

1. The sooner a tournament sells out, the sooner the organizers know their finances (ie. expense & prize money RETURNED to anglers is secured).

2. The sooner a tournament sells out, the sooner the volunteers can take a break from receiving entry forms, processing entry forms, depositing cheques, and dealing with all the other little things that the open entry brings.

3. The earlier a tournament opens for registration, the sooner anglers can plan finances, holiday time, and booking accommodations.

Once the tournament is full, the lion's share of the work is complete. I, for one, don't want to do all the monkey work for the entire winter & spring.

If you think the anglers are being duped, don't beat around the bush....please tell us how. If you are accusing the SSS organizers of some financial misgivings, please tell everyone here what that is. You won't find a more financially transparent tournament than the SSS, I guarantee.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in that post, although the source doesn't surprise me.

-TOM FRIDAY

SSS COMMITTEE VOLUNTEER

Bear

Well stated Tom, keep up the good work. The key word here is transparency....

BB

Guest MiniMe

NWO Fishing Bum

WOW!!! this guy is a piece of work!!

Guest MiniMe
The SSS 2010 has made it one of our objectives this year to be completely financially transparent. Too many tournaments run without showing how much money they take in vs. what they pay out, no matter what their expenses are.

Tournaments are expensive endeavors for those that choose to participate, and it only follows that tournament committees let those that sign up know where their hard earned dollars end up.

The derisive poster is just showing his true colours and ignorance.

He fails to realize:

1. The sooner a tournament sells out, the sooner the organizers know their finances (ie. expense & prize money RETURNED to anglers is secured).

2. The sooner a tournament sells out, the sooner the volunteers can take a break from receiving entry forms, processing entry forms, depositing cheques, and dealing with all the other little things that the open entry brings.

3. The earlier a tournament opens for registration, the sooner anglers can plan finances, holiday time, and booking accommodations.

Once the tournament is full, the lion's share of the work is complete. I, for one, don't want to do all the monkey work for the entire winter & spring.

If you think the anglers are being duped, don't beat around the bush....please tell us how. If you are accusing the SSS organizers of some financial misgivings, please tell everyone here what that is. You won't find a more financially transparent tournament than the SSS, I guarantee.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in that post, although the source doesn't surprise me.

-TOM FRIDAY

SSS COMMITTEE VOLUNTEER

NICE!!! NWOFB you just got told!

Guest blais

As a past volunteer organizer in many southern ont. tournaments I can say that it is a hard and thankless job to get these tournaments up and going. Many motos are, "The Sooner the Better" This is correct as a previous poster indicated. This allows a commitee to have all of their ducks in a row when something goes wrong, and it mostly does. A fine detail overlooked causes a massive trickle effect that will need correcting. As for the comment of investing in gold, even though it may have been a jest it is too open ended and suggests that the tournament committee may be misappropriating funds. This is very serious which constitutes fraud over $5000 and many breeches in trust. A member of the commitee has said that the tournament is transparent financially. I have seen the prize payouts and see, by doing the math, that everything is accountable thus far except for an expense list which is usually added later. If I may suggest one more step. Do the math for the viewer. Many people don't add everything up and it never looks correct at first glance. Transparency is being accountable for finances and it seems this is going to be the way of tournaments now.

Guest Run N Gun

Guys, Every year there is always some comment joking or not that is taken to heart because there is so much work put into this. I believe the amount of entries so far shows what faith we all have in the committee and the event.

Don't worry about the post, Keep up the great work!

NWO Fishing Bum

LOL, are you kidding me? If I could catch fish like I can catch guys on here, I'd truly be a master angler!

For the record, I have no association with the SSS or any funds linked to it!!!!

The volunteers do an excellent job from what I've seen over the years. I'll remove the 'offensive' post so you all can get some sleep tonight.

NWO Fishing Bum

GC 54

.............50 of the 70 available spots filled by Monday, November 2nd's early bird starting position draw! You still have a couple of days to get down to D & R with your registration and cheque or money order. There are blank registration forms with a copy of the rules attached to each registration form at D & R, for those who are unable to print off one from the web.

Bill Arnott
LOL, are you kidding me? If I could catch fish like I can catch guys on here, I'd truly be a master angler!

For the record, I have no association with the SSS or any funds linked to it!!!!

The volunteers do an excellent job from what I've seen over the years. I'll remove the 'offensive' post so you all can get some sleep tonight.

NWO Fishing Bum

Your post insinuated- whether intentionally or not that -there was funny business going on....not very funny when some are putting in a lot of work to put on a quality event...it was in poor taste in my opinion.

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

GC 54

.....cut off is closing time at D & R today, Monday, November 2nd, get down there and put your registration in, bring cheque or money order for $250.00, blank registration forms available at D & R. Don's miss out!

GC 54

Today is the last day, D & R closes at 6:00 pm today, get your registrations to D & R today before 6:00 pm if you want to be in for the early bird starting position draw. With the entries there now, we are now over 50 teams entered, of a field of 70. Its is filling very fast!

crisop

i'm in george, thanks for the reminder

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Trevor Zimak

Yes, get those entries in soon, as I heard there was a major influx of entries from the surrounding region today that came in mail. 13-15 of them or something?

arvey

maybe somebody should look at the rules under entry and dates ii then look at your calander.

arvey

GC 54

Al, you are partially correct, and the committee stands corrected, the rules do indicate that the early bird starting position draw is November 1st; however, this is an oversight by the volunteer committee and the draw has been scheduled and will still be November 2nd.

The NEWSLETTER announcement posted on TBF for the SSS back in earlier October clearly indicates that the entries will be accepted November 2nd, up till midnight, however, since D & R was designated as the mail to or drop off site, and since D & R closes at 6:00 pm today, any and all registrations up to that point will be entered into the draw.

Please refer to rule #15, j. CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS a.

Some Old Guy

Thanks Arvey.

It's now changed to the 2nd. An oversight.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest MiniMe
more political crap to look after thwe good old boys

arvey

Al, I see that you are entered for the draw this year already. Why are you making a big deal of this. George, in my opinion responded in a very professional manner and only simply stated one of the in place rules, just as you did. I guess you missed that last one.

Besides, I don't see why people make such big deals over these things. If you ask me people have nothing better to do other the go over every little detail with a fine brush and comb to find some little imperfection and then complain about it. Talk about pety.

Guest SSS DRAW MONKEY

Don't worry everyone...I'm sure the Fort Frances Bass, and Atikokan Bass and Frazer Walleye and Sioux Narrows Bassin and Geraldton Walleye all get the same level of scrutiny.

Right? I mean....right?

I think these people can help: http://www.greathobbies.com/

Or try yahoo...

* Amateur and Ham Radio@

* Amateur Astronomy@

* Aquariums@

* Beachcombing@

* Bell Ringing (20)

* Birding@

* Bubbles@

* Candlemaking@

* Cloud Watching@

* Collecting (1127)

* Crafts@

* Dolls@

* Dumpster Diving (7)

* Electronics (12)

* Games@

* Gardening@

* Genealogy@

* Handwriting Analysis@

* Homebrewing@

* Hula Hooping (19)

* Jet Engines (12)

* Juggling@

* Kites (37)

* Knotting (8)

* Lock Picking (8)

* Magic@

* Models (457)

* Photography@

* Pottery@

* Puppetry@

* Pyrotechnics (48)

* Railway Enthusiasts@

* Robots@

* Rockets (49)

* Rocks, Gems, and Minerals (134)\"[new]\"

* Scrapbooking@

* Smokeless Tobacco (3)

* Smoking (148)

* Soapmaking@

* String Figures (4)

* Textiles@

* Tombstone Rubbing (6)

* Treasure Hunting (38)

* Urban Exploration (38)

* Winemaking@

* Woodworking@

* Writing@

Some Old Guy

It's here: Positioned Teams, S.S.S.

Roger

P.S. I'm forcing issues with my editor. It looks ok on my end. Does it look (format) ok on your computer?

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

crisop

looks good here roger.

what are the colours for? Mixed team and youth team?

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF