• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Buck 120

Uncle Ted makes a visit to Rock 94

Buck 120

Check it out!

http://www.tbnewswatch.com/entertainment/D....aspx?cid=66001

Today at 6:00 PM

Nugent takes aim

Ted Nugent was in Rock 94's studio Friday.

Leith Dunick tbnewswatch

Ted Nugent was in Rock 94's studio Friday.

By Leith Dunick tbnewswatch

“Hey Prime Minister, my name is Ted Nugent. Eat me!”

The Motor City Madman, as irreverent as ever in his 60 years of stalking the planet’s game, rolled through Thunder Bay on Friday afternoon and took aim at Canadian gun laws, the Canadian public for tolerating them and the “drooling hippies” who put them in place; and of course, Prime Minister Stephen Harper, who Nugent mistakenly believed to be behind the long-gun registry, not the succession of Liberal governments that preceded him.

But in true Nugent fashion, he wasn’t above poking fun at himself as well, during an on-air visit at the Rock 94 studios.

The guitarist, best known for his 1970s hit Cat Scratch Fever and lately as the host of the outdoor show Spirit of the Wild, has long been an outspoken pro-gun, pro-hunting advocate, and didn’t mince words when discussing wildlife management in Ontario.

“I think if you can find an honest MNR official, they would admit that you’re only tapping into a minute percentage of this incredible asset that you have in Canada, whether it’s moose or bear or deer or waterfowl or the uplink game. You have 98 per cent more to go in utilizing the resources you have up here.

“As I was flying over, you have such wilderness. It’s a production factory of wildlife,” said Nugent, calling the province’s management of its small game and bear populations irresponsible.

Nugent, who is filming his hunting expedition for a future episode of Spirit of the Wild, said the province is losing out on millions of tourist dollars by limiting the number of kills, essentially turning positive into negative and turning away lucrative non-resident hunters willing to spend money to hunt in this country.

“You kill more bears on the highway and your OPP killing nuisance animals to the tune of God knows how many gazillions of dollars that could be better utilized if they were in the asset column instead of the liability column.”

Dressed in jeans and a navy blue, short-sleeved Dickies shirt, his slightly graying hair tied into a ponytail that stretched to the middle of his back, carrying a slight paunch that comes with age, the notoriously ultra-conservative, anti-drinking, anti-drug-using Nugent, said he gets sick and tired of animal rights activists railing against his right to hunt.

“Every time I hear, or even sense, the words animal and rights in the same sentence, I’m killing an extra hundred of something,” he said, tongue planted firmly in his cheek.

Or was it?

Nugent, who showed a keen ability to mock the persona he’s so carefully crafted since he first hit the stage as a 10-year-old in 1958, takes his ideals seriously nonetheless.

Joking that he had a pallet-full of hand guns to give away to the country’s children and that he’d hunt with a grenade if it were legal, the Damn Yankees founder did touch a nerve when he offered to sing the Canadian national anthem, only to quietly bleat sheep noises into the microphone and suggest Canadians were being led around like farm animals by their own elected officials.

“I just can’t believe that Canadians still have not risen up and beaten back these phenomenally stupid gun laws that you have up here,” he said, later asking if anyone thought goose gun bans deterred crime in a city like Toronto. “The debacle, the vulgar, corrupt, bureaucratic cluster whack that is (Bill) C-68, it’s an embarrassment. It’s one of the worst embarrassments of humankind.”

Nugent, who claims to carry a handgun with him at all times – except in Canada and other countries where they’re outlawed – said its time for Canadians to fight back.

“It’s Planet of the Apes stuff, and Canadian people are being trounced by soulless, uncaring, corrupt, tyrant-like bureaucrats in the Canadian government, and creating counterproductive crime and safety conditions, with their big lie called Bill C-68, the licensing of firearms in this country.”

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest cribby

Does anyone have a link to the actual interview? I'd like to here it. I waited a long time and still missed it.

TED your a god in my books...

N.O.S.A is doing a great job fighting for our rights as hunters, but if we could get Ted on the team aswell, they would be hard to ignore.

Guest Nonus
Does anyone have a link to the actual interview? I'd like to here it. I waited a long time and still missed it.

TED your a god in my books...

N.O.S.A is doing a great job fighting for our rights as hunters, but if we could get Ted on the team aswell, they would be hard to ignore.

Don't forget about the CSSA and NFA for firearms.

Buck 120

You will note there is a Ted link on the NOSA homepage. No interview links though.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!