• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fishintbay

Anyones opinion on trolling motors

Guest fishintbay

Looking into buying a new trolling motor for next season not sure what i should get . whats everyones preference for a bow mount with a foot pedal or with a hand control

DJL66
Looking into buying a new trolling motor for next season not sure what i should get . whats everyones preference for a bow mount with a foot pedal or with a hand control

I have an 80# Terrova with AP and US on a 17' Crestliner and just love this motor. More than enough power and the foot pedal on the Terrova's is much better than on the power drive models. The auto pilot option is a must have feature. I could not imagine going back to a motor without it. Makes fishing that much easier especially in wind or waves. I can troll around all day for two days and still have juice left in the batteries. Buy a foot pedal motor with A/P and I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Don

Guest fishermedic

I have the same motor and would buy it again. I would however get the copilot next time. With the kids in the boat it would be good to be able to move around the boat and have the motor control with me.

Guest Jighead

I have a 1650 Fishhawk with a 65 lbs Auto Pilot on the bow with the foot control, moves my boat well even on a windy day on Lac!!!! I am however thinking about getting the Co-Pilot accessory, I'm lazy!!!

Bottom Bouncer

Hand Control. :)

REELBAIT

arvey

no matter what brand you buy there's good and bad ones. i have a motorguide 54 lb hand contol on my 15 ft alumnicraft.

arvey

Guest ratherfishthanwork

Have a Min Kota PowerDrive V2 with AP. Love the AP and this year convinced the wife I needed the co-pilot. It is great especially when you have a snag close to shore where there are lot's of rocks and precision control is needed. I used to hold my foot control in my hand to get precision control but with the co-pilot it is great for control.

Guest Munshaw

Hold off on the Co-Pilot or Auto-Pilot for next year, unless you can pick something up cheap/ used locally. I would seriously consider the iPilot that's coming out soon instead for the extra $$$.

Minn-Kota iPilot