• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nonus

Hare Snaring

I hope my snare has at least one black rabbit in it :D

I think you will have one for sure, just way too much traffic in those areas not to get something. Might even bag yourself a hobo or two.

Snotrocket

I had a rabbit break one of my copper wire snares this morning, another one wasn't so lucky:)

Thefishleclair
I had a rabbit break one of my copper wire snares this morning, another one wasn't so lucky:)

Nice, Did ya look down the trail, Most times if a rabbit breaks a snare odds are good it only made it down the trail aways before it expiers, Ive done this a few times. Tracking is a good skill to have in this matter.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Snotrocket
Nice, Did ya look down the trail, Most times if a rabbit breaks a snare odds are good it only made it down the trail aways before it expiers, Ive done this a few times. Tracking is a good skill to have in this matter.

I checked couldnt see anything

Mr. Canoehead

Really? I guess I shouldn't reuse the snares then...

Thefishleclair
Really? I guess I shouldn't reuse the snares then...

You can reuse....To get the Circle back to them Just open and grab both ends and run it across yer knee.....It get most of the kinks out and gives ya a good idea if it can be reused.....Ive caught many rabbits in the same snare...

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

FINALLY SUCCESS!!! :D

Might be a little blurry as it was rotating and I took it with my phone's camera.

post-841-1261945134_thumb.jpg

Fishleclair might have an out in the bush shot of it.

Thefishleclair

Nice Hare!! No I didnt get any "In the Field Shots" My camera was left at home!! Next time...Next time...How was the Skinnin???

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

The skinning was easy, just chopped the head and legs off with my axe and made a slit in the back and ripped the fur off. Slice down the middle of the stomach and ripped the guts out. Then threw it into the bush and probably is there no more.