• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cactus

Looking for 9mm reloading stuff

Guest Cactus

Hi everyone,

found a .22 da revolver so I am looking for the next thing on my list...

I have the Lee Classic Load kit on the way but it only neck sizes the cases so I am looking for a Lee hand press and a die set to do the full case sizing. I hoped to get setup locally but GMK doesn't have it in stock so I thought I would ask here if anyone has a hand presss and resizing die or full 9mm die set that they want to sell?

I don't shoot a lot of 9mm yet but have more than one so I want to be able to do a full resize on my fired brass.

Thanks,

Cactus

9mm has no neck, it is straight walled. If you already fired the brass you really don't need to resize it, it should be fireformed to your pistol. Also resizing by hand a whole bunch of 9mm will be a huge pain in the rear end.

If you want to go the crazy way get a turret/progressive press, that way you can knock out a tonne of ammo in no time. Most people don't reload pistol such as 9mm on a single stage press let a lone a hand press cause it takes forever.

However on gun nutz a Lee progressive press usually pops every now and then for less than 200 with a bunch of goodies. One pull of the lever = 1 finish round and you can just yank them out all day long.

Also, if you shoot a low round count every month or so it would probably just be easier and cheaper to buy some bullets in bulk. Can get like 1000 9mm rounds for about 275, that is 3.7 cents a round. Then if you don't shoot a lot it should last you several years.

Kayaker

Just because it is a straight wall case does not mean resizing is not necessary, you want a uniform pressure to secure the bullet head, yes a progressive loader is nice but a single stage or hand loader will get the job done.

# Kit Includes:

# Bullet Seater and Priming Chamber

# Decapping Chamber

# Sizing Die

# Decapper

# Priming Rod

# Powder Measure

# Load Data

# Complete Instructions

That is for the 9mm kit so it does come with a sizing die therefor you should be fine. Since it doesn't deprime at the same time... deprime, resize, prime, powder, put bullet in, seat bullet. However from what I recall the kits don't come with a crimper so the bullet may be a little loose.

Guest Cactus

My concern about resizing is because I have more than one 9mm semi and I want the ammo to be safe to use in either gun. That was the thing that I noticed with the Lee Handload Kit, you pound the brass into the die and it resizes it. I will have to look more into it about crimping though.

As for buying factory, that was the route I was going but the places I looked were very limited in thier 9mm stock. Besides, I already load shotgun slugs so I figured why not load 9 since I can use the same powder for it.

Cactus

Yeah same powder but different primers and bullets. The Ammo Source (theammosource.com) should be getting wolf bullets in. They are kinda cheap bullets but if you aren't looking for prime accuracy they should be good. 1000 rounds for less than 300 isn't bad.