• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Spectre

Semi-Auto 12 ga for Duck/Geese Hunting

Spectre

Hey, looking to buy a semi-auto 12 ga for some Duck/Geese Hunting. Have been looking at the Remington 11-87 Sportsman Camo with 3" chamber. Anyone know other quality guns I should be looking at? (Nothing cheap or crazy expensive middle of the road type stuff)

Thanks

wampa

I personally would not by a semi auto for geese/ducks. I find they tend to jam frequently when you are in the nasty muck and weather. I have a Benelli Supernova that has seen some really sticky muddy fields (northern Saskatchewan gumbo). The gun was fithly and didn't jam once, yet my friend in the hole next to me with his Remington semi-auto (not sure which model) was jamming all the time. I used to have a Remington 870 pump and that was a good reliable gun too.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Thefishleclair

If yer lookin at field hunting, Stick with a Pump!! Sometimes they get mucked up enough to Jam...

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Spectre
If yer lookin at field hunting, Stick with a Pump!! Sometimes they get mucked up enough to Jam...

Yeah thanks, I decided to keep my Remington 870 Wingmaster as a spare if the new gun ever jams. However i decided to go with a Remington Model 11-87 Sportsmen 3-1/2” Super Magnum Waterfowl Semi Auto Shotgun - Camo. Shoots very nicely and hasn't jammed at all with anything from 2 3/4 - 3 1/2 shells... Can't wait for some duck/goose hunting this fall! B)

Thefishleclair
Yeah thanks, I decided to keep my Remington 870 Wingmaster as a spare if the new gun ever jams. However i decided to go with a Remington Model 11-87 Sportsmen 3-1/2” Super Magnum Waterfowl Semi Auto Shotgun - Camo. Shoots very nicely and hasn't jammed at all with anything from 2 3/4 - 3 1/2 shells... Can't wait for some duck/goose hunting this fall! B)

Get a bit of muck in er come this hunting season....Keep that pump close by!!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Yeah but a pump is no good if you don't clean it in like 20 years. (That is directed to fishleclair's gummy 870)