• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Beamer

Xtreme Scents

Guest Beamer

I purchased some Xtreme scents for fishing from SKB to try out for various fish species this past season.My only comments are try them you won't be unhappy.I am not generally a bait angler exception being steelhead so anything to increase my odds while fishing artificials is great.Xtreme scents in particular the worm scent worked exceptionally well on Smallmouth,Walleyes,Crappie and Brooktrout,I simply added it to my handtied jigs and went and caught fish.Great product see attached photo results of using scent! I do catch fish without scent but definately notice an increase in bites after adding this scent to my presentation.The scent removal wipes are great also!

Beamer

IPB Image

Guest Guest

I hear ya

Last time out I went over a spot several times with no bites---Gooped on some garlic and bingo

In that case I believe the scent did make the difference.

Funny thing about us anglers---when we have something working we tend to keep it to ourselves---especially around tournament time.

I did watch an Izumi episode last year where he was catching steelhead using a garlic scent--I can't test that theory cause we don't have them here----Wonder if a guy put garlic gel in the roe bag when he tied them--it sticks well inside bass tubes.

Merc

Guest Beamer

I hear ya

Last time out I went over a spot several times with no bites---Gooped on some garlic and bingo

In that case I believe the scent did make the difference.

Funny thing about us anglers---when we have something working we tend to keep it to ourselves---especially around tournament time.

I did watch an Izumi episode last year where he was catching steelhead using a garlic scent--I can't test that theory cause we don't have them here----Wonder if a guy put garlic gel in the roe bag when he tied them--it sticks well inside bass tubes.

Merc

I'm not a tournament angler,so sharing info is not sharing my secrects everyone has their own tactics that work.As for garlic I use it with my roe but not as an attractant it simply masks the scent of the spawn going sour and lets me use fresh roe longer instead of treating it. I use minced garlic and ad it to my already tied bags.The worm Xtreme scent works well with my hand tied jigs especially when fish are in a neutral mood.

Guest Techwiz

They surely works great, I even tried to use them with the same rigging with and without the scent (Love the Gel using with tube jig). Me and my wife was casting to the same spot with the same lure and scented one caught 4 fish before the one without the scent hook one. great stuff!

Guest Cory

They surely works great, I even tried to use them with the same rigging with and without the scent (Love the Gel using with tube jig). Me and my wife was casting to the same spot with the same lure and scented one caught 4 fish before the one without the scent hook one. great stuff!

Are you sure it was the scent ivan?

From what i understand your wife regularly outfishes you four to one. :D

Guest Guest

Are you sure it was the scent ivan?

From what i understand your wife regularly outfishes you four to one. :D

hey cory, I think you mess up again, you must be thinking about fezzy.....I know....I know....at Nakina right....lol

Guest arvey

i purchased a bottle of extreme worm scent but i've yet to have a chance to give it a try. hope fully it is a good as everyone says.

like anything in the fishing industry scents seem to go hot then die off.the first time i learned of scents was in the middle eighties from of coarse the americans.at that time it was fish formula,this was its brand name and is still available in the u.s.doctor juice was another one,along with bait mait.there was also one called

liquid lure made by willow creek which i believe is no longer available.then there's the old stand by berkley

power bait scents.if i'm not mistaken berkley also had one out in the eighties in a green bottle i just can't remember the name.the one that surprize me the most was not a fish scent,it was w.d. 40 yes i heard of guys using this as a scent and it supposedly worked.i remember being in kenora at the k.b.i in the early nineties and seeing it in some of the boats.

arvey

Guest merc

Hey Arv.

Cause I'm almost antique I can tell you that Berkley stuff was called "Berkley Strike" from the 70's or 80's.

Problem we had in the old days was getting that stuff to stay on---Like I mentioned before we used to use cotton balls inside the tubes (When tubes came along) to hold the scent in---kind of hard--sometimes the cotton would start to trail out--little messy.

I've even put half tabs of alka seltzer into tubes for extra attraction.

Comes to tubes now --nothing is beating this Xtreme gel for filling them---even if your bouncing white tubes for lakers.

I was talking with a tourney guy from eastern ON.--he said there was a gel out there for a while he liked but they must of went out of Biz---He was happy to hear there was the Xtreme available.

Merc