• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyinfinn

fuel grade

Guest flyinfinn

trev, If you could tell me what grade fuel you run in your pro xs or if enyone else has a new mercury pro xs what they run. thanx.

Garbie

I could be wrong but I believe in Ontario, 87 octane is required to have 10% ethanol.

Guest flyinfinn

that is what i have read also, my partner has been filling with the high test so now will try the low grade , Im not sure this is going to help with the problems were having but it will help the pocket book. Mercury is sending a tech to take a look at the motor in the next few weeks. Hope he will be able to figure this out.

the problem with the motor is it will not rev over 2000 rpm when you go to take off it will plow for awhile, and wont get on step, then if you back off on the throttle and hit it again it may get up and go, but some times you may have to do this many times before it works. It seems to only do this when the engine is warm like when you fish a spot for a few minnutes and go to leave to the next. So you can imagine what it would feel like if you had a livewell full of winning weight walleye ,and the boat wont get on step and you have a 15 minnute run to the scales. :unsure: any ideas would be apreciated, it has been it the shop here in town a few times with no luck.

Guest flyinfinn

well we took her out today to lac and still were haveing the same problem.Most of the things you have listed trev have already been checked. Today when we were taking off i would hold onto the primer ball on the fuel line and it would go soft, Is this normal or should it stay rock hard, i tryed pumping the ball when Wyane took off but it did not help. when you said the belt streched were you refering to the compressor belt? oh by the way the fishing was good today we caught lots of walleyes, thanks for the info and if you have any more sugestions thy would be appreciated. Antti.