• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fatman

spring start up

Guest Fatman

Hi I bought a boat last year with a 150 opitmax on it. Not sure what the procedure is for starting motor in the spring. I had it at the dealer last year for winterizing. do I have to take it back to get them to start it up in the spring or do I just go to the lake.

DJL66

Make sure starting battery is fully charged first. Check oil level, tilt motor up and down to make sure all is working well. Put drain plug in boat and either take boat to the lake to start up or put muffs on in driveway. If using muffs just let motor idle and do not rev engine up while in driveway. It will smoke upon first start up but this is normal. You do not need to have dealer do these steps. When on the lake make sure you let the motor warm up before heading out.

Good luck,

Don

oneshot

I'm wondering if I should do anything special for my start-up. I never used my boat at all last year, and I did put a shot of engine oil in each cylinder for storage. It's a 30 h.p Johnson 4 stroke.