• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

eddylives

Fiberglass Repair

eddylives

I have a canoe that was hit by a power boat and I am in the process of repairing it. (hit by a drunk power boat operator on the Kam).

One side was folded in enough to split it quite badly for about 2 feet bow to stern and a tear up the side.

My question is how many layers of fiberglass matt should be used to bring back the strength without adding too much bulk and weight?

Or is one layer outside and multiple inside a better plan?

Thank for any advise

post-1297-1273888472_thumb.jpg

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

GC 54

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

eddylives

Hey , thanks for the link , looks like I will be doing a few more layers to give it back its strength.

So far I have repaired the outside and inside one layer to try and get it back into the proper shape lol.

(btw my name is not Rick lol.)

Guest Smack Um

"Well now!" Acording to this thread if you own a Aluminum or Plastic Canoe you might as well just give them away if they become damaged. With that said I will be willing to take all kinds of canoes/boats off of folks hands. Don't be shy and feel free to contact me and let me know what ya got. :rolleyes:

Patrick

eddylives

10-4 me 2