• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bighotdog

Cold Water Creek

Bighotdog

I am wondering if someone can answer a small question for me. I called last week to get an answer and they transferred me to the Nipigon area for an answer and no one called me back. I just recently heard that there is no fishing anymore at Cold water river on the highway by the Wolf. Just wondering if this is true or just another cruel rumour. Also are there any rivers in the area that you cannot fish. I'm just trying to prepare myself for the spring. Thanks.

Guest Beamer

I am wondering if someone can answer a small question for me. I called last week to get an answer and they transferred me to the Nipigon area for an answer and no one called me back. I just recently heard that there is no fishing anymore at Cold water river on the highway by the Wolf. Just wondering if this is true or just another cruel rumour. Also are there any rivers in the area that you cannot fish. I'm just trying to prepare myself for the spring. Thanks.

It mat be that your not allowed to park on the side of the Hwy at Cold Water creek as opposed to no fishing allowed. Haven,t heard that your not allowed to fish there, I do know with the Hwy improvements that there is a no parking area there and at the Wolf.

Some Old Guy

Here's the MnR answer forwarded to me to post.

MNR Answer: There are no new regulations planned for Coldwater Creek in the upcoming release of the 2007 Fishing Regulations. What is in place now for exceptions to the General Regulations for tributaries of Lake Superior, from Pigeon River to Nipigon River (pg. 75 in the 2005-2006 Fishing Regulation Summary) is proposed to remain the same for 2007. On Coldwater Creek downstream from Ouimet Canyon Road (48?50?N, 88?36?W) Brook Trout is open from the last Saturday in April until Labour Day. Brook Trout must be greater than 56cm, standard catch and possession limit of one, Conservation licence limit of zero.

For all tributaries of Lake Superior in the soon to be approved Fishery Management Zone #6, (Pigeon River to Nipigon River, except the Neebing and McIntyre Rivers) the Rainbow Trout catch and possession limit will be one (1), Conservation licence limit of zero (0). The special length limit on the Neebing and McIntyre Rivers will remain the same. (one greater than 69cm).

R.T.R. Respect the resource!