• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest borealboy

battery charging

Guest borealboy

I have a new (to me) boat with two deep cell batteries connected to my trolling motor and other electronics. When I charge them, can I just charge one or do I need to charge them each separately? They are both wired together.

eddylives

I would say yes they can be charged together , no one charges them up seperatley in campers, trucks or anything like that so......(I know you should not mix old and new , the old one drags the new one down to its level or something like that lol).

Please correct me if I am wrong if anyone knows different.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

GC 54

The 24 volt system in my boat remains hooked up at all times, which includes when the batteries are being charged. I have a built-in 3 bank charger that uses 2 of the banks to charge the two deep cycle batteries separately on the 24 volt system, and the other bank charges my deep cycle accessory battery. I have a cranking battery as well that is solely used for cranking and I depend on the charging system of the Merc to keep that battery charged.

May I suggest you purchase a 2 bank charger (thats if you do not have a separate accessory battery, then you would want a 3 bank charger), then you only need to plug it in each time you get home to charge the batteries back up. Saves lots of hassles.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters