• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Spectre

Redoing Bench seats and Interior of Crestliner

Spectre

Hey all, like it says I have a Crestliner where the bench seats are rotting out and am going to be replacing them. Was wondering if anyone had any tips of plywood i should be using(pressure treated or should i use a waterproofer/sealant), plus i will probably be putting that vinyl non slip deck flooring over top of them so if i get non treated plywood and just use a waterproofer would the glue hold down the flooring still?

Also is there a marine paint to use for the interior of the boat or what else will hold up well? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks ^_^

AB
Hey all, like it says I have a Crestliner where the bench seats are rotting out and am going to be replacing them. Was wondering if anyone had any tips of plywood i should be using(pressure treated or should i use a waterproofer/sealant), plus i will probably be putting that vinyl non slip deck flooring over top of them so if i get non treated plywood and just use a waterproofer would the glue hold down the flooring still?

Also is there a marine paint to use for the interior of the boat or what else will hold up well? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks ^_^

Interlux is the marine paint you want to use - I think you can get it at Superior Coatings. - look for the AkzoNobel sign - Interlux is their marine coatings division.

good luck!

iceman

fishingfinn

If that's pressure treated plywood make sure that there is a barrier between the plywood and the aluminum. The chemicals used in pressure treated lumber are corrosive to aluminum, especially if it's in a moist environment. If the plywood is rubbing against the hull with no barrier, it will eat right through it, I've seen it happen.

Spectre
If that's pressure treated plywood make sure that there is a barrier between the plywood and the aluminum. The chemicals used in pressure treated lumber are corrosive to aluminum, especially if it's in a moist environment. If the plywood is rubbing against the hull with no barrier, it will eat right through it, I've seen it happen.

Yeah I didnt use pressure treated wood because the dekmaster flooring glue won't stick to pressure treated wood. However I also put a bead of silicon between the painted aluminum and wood seats hoping it would prevent any squeaking...