• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest lil miss fisher

10+ year abandon boat

Guest lil miss fisher

I know old abandon boats used to be destroyed by the mnr on crown land years ago,

But I have known about a small 12 foot boat, thin, older than my grandpa, on crown land at a very small bait lake.

The boat has been there as long as I have known about the lake minimum 10 years, its held to a tree with an old rusted chain and lock that have been there for so long that the tree is growing around the chain :huh:

I doubt the boat would hold water as the seats and back wooden half are rotted badly.

....this is were my gardening side comes in, ^_^ I would love to have it and make a flower bed out of it in my yard, or if its not too much to fix possibly use it as a paddle out relax boat but dont know how abouts to "remove someone's old junk from crown land" and take possession of it.

Thank you in advance! any info would be greatly appreciated.

Guest MNR

In a previous posting we discussed someone finding a lost, mislaid or abandoned item of value and taking it to the Ontario Provincial Police. After a set period of time, if no one was to claim the article, the person who found it may be able to claim it.

The Public Lands Act (administered by the MNR) has a similar but slightly different provision. Under the Public Lands Act, any personal property found on public land that is not claimed by the owner within three months is the property of the Crown in right of Ontario and may be sold under the direction of the Minister.

The MNR cannot authorize you to take the boat, because there is no legal process for that. If it’s locked and you take it, it would be considered thef