• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt M

2010 Bull

Guest Matt M

Well we just got back from a week of moose hunting and managed to get a nice bull on the first morning. It was my fiancees first moose hunt and I think shes hooked. One hour of callling and he came running right in. Spent the rest of the week hunting without seeing anything. Talked to a few other hunters and it seemed to be tough for them to, although a few bulls were still being called in. The best part of the hunt was that we managed to get it on video. One more bull tag to fill!

post-873-1287273042_thumb.jpg

Buck 120

Congrats Matt!

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Spectre
Well we just got back from a week of moose hunting and managed to get a nice bull on the first morning. It was my fiancees first moose hunt and I think shes hooked. One hour of callling and he came running right in. Spent the rest of the week hunting without seeing anything. Talked to a few other hunters and it seemed to be tough for them to, although a few bulls were still being called in. The best part of the hunt was that we managed to get it on video. One more bull tag to fill!

Nice Moose! Did you end up hitting it with the first 2 shots or was it just with the third?

Some Old Guy

Right on!

Ummmm I have no moose meat. I have to live vicariously through others...............

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Matt M
Nice Moose! Did you end up hitting it with the first 2 shots or was it just with the third?

I hit him with the first shot right behind the shoulder in the vitals. When we skinned him it looked like the bullet deflected off the rib and went back towards the hind quarters so I'm not sure if the bullet actually hit any organs. I missed on the second shot, not sure how because of how close he was, guess I got a little excited. I didn't want to shoot him a third time but I gave him time to fall down or look like he was done and it never happened.

Cheech

Congrats. Awesome video. And nice to hear how excited your fiancee was. She's definitly hooked.

Guest Effin'Eh

Congrats on the Bull

Quick question though. Whats the deal with shooting at something on the road? Always thought it wasn't allowed. Is it different for tertiary roads?

Buck 120

The reg's state "No discharge of firearms from or across the traveled portion of a right-of-way". "The restrictions do not apply to an unmaintained right-of-way".

A road into a cut would not be a maintained right-of-way.

As an aside, I see they are proposing having hunters orange on a ground blind. I am not sure if this went through when the deer/moose urine attractant regulation went through or not.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest Matt M

The hunter orange on the ground blind didn't go through yet as far as I know but they are talking about putting it in place for next year.