• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
moose_hunters

What's another caliber I should get

moose_hunters

I already own a tikka t3 that's a 3006 but I was considering getting another gun but my question is what would be a good caliber to go with I moose and deer hunt. I was thinking maybe a 270 280 or 7mm I just don't want something with a ton of kick like a 338

Buck 120

Tikka 270 Win mag works well for a buddy of mine.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Hurketthunter

My next gun will be a sako in either .270 wsm or .300 wsm so I'd say either one of these. I also have a 270 win and a 300 win. Both are excellent hunting rounds.

Hurketthunter

CharlieAlphaLimaEcho

Try a 6.5x55, its a nice little round with a lot better ballistics than its given credit for. It makes up for the small diameter with high ballistic coefficients and sectional density. With a 156 gr. bullet, the sectional density is equal to that of a 220+ grain .30 cal bullet. And all of this with recoil on par with the 30-30. It's the Scandinavian equivalent of our 30-06 in terms of popularity and their traditional "moose" gun over there. Did i mention Tikka makes modern rifles in that caliber? Check out their super-varmint.