• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

PRO V

Work/ Fishing & Hunting

PRO V

Just wondering what you guys on here do for a living, and how it plays in your fishing & hunting.

I myself work at the airport for Wasaya. Summer & Fall i have lots of time, but winter it's a

little tougher to get away.

Mike

naden

I work at the airport as well for thunder airlines. I work mostly mon to friday so I am able to fish most weekends year round. I do go on call once a month though so I miss the odd weekend.

Fishog

Mill worker here so 4 on and 4 off makes it easy for me to get out but when your over 50 you pick the nice days :)

uncle

I am retired and like Fishog, I pick the days that will be the most enjoyable. :)

(I am still waiting to be checked by a CO., no licence.)

WalleyeWayne

Vice President of a consulting business in Thunder Bay (specialize in Research and Development Tax Credits) - shameless plug :D . I fish mainly weekends locally as well at the family cottage on Rainy Lake when vacation time allows.

Guest Ol Big Moose

Heavy Equipment operator laid off for the winter unless it snows then im plowing. Next to no time in the summer due to building roads 6 days a week accept for sick days haha

Thefishleclair

2 WEEKs solid 12 hour days then 2 weeks off....Lots of time to do me stuff!!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

gsambray

Lakehead Motors in the shop. mon-fri weekends are my time but sometimes i feel a little ill when its nice out. especially during hunting season lol.

Lyle Reiner

Truck And Coach mechanic at Fort Garry Industries. I fish absolutely every opportunity possible

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

NorthwestHunter

Full time student and part time worker at a sporting goods shop. From September to December I live for Whitetails. Any other time of year I try and make time for some good old walleye's, bass or trout.

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

PRO V

Otta 167 hits only 9 of us have jobs..........and everybody else can fish 7 days a week,!!!!!! we gotta be doing somthing wrong guys :huh:

Mike

Fishog
Otta 167 hits only 9 of us have jobs..........and everybody else can fish 7 days a week,!!!!!! we gotta be doing somthing wrong guys :huh:

Mike

:D

Its called the lottery

Buck 120

Work for a government agency. Work additional time every day to get every second Friday off for fishing and hunting of course.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Smokey

Working as a firefighter and the shift work gives me time to play in the outdoors.

Bear

Retired, now self employed, 2 small businesses. Hal's Jigs and Milt's Rod and Reel. Busy in the summer with repairs and build the jig stock in the off season.

I live 5 minutes from Lake of the Woods or Winnipeg River, deer hunting within minutes of my house. I can close the shop anytime to hunt or fish, but mostly pick the nice days.

Have a portable and permanant shack so like to get out as often as I can.

Bear

Some Old Guy

I work 3 jobs. Avenue II Communtiy Services, Full Time. DnR Sporting Goods, Part Time. MediChair, Part Time.

I guess you can count this website way more than full time! I live very near the water and can fish anytime I'm not working. And when I get my chores done.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

gsambray

working sucks especialy when it takes up valuable hunting and fishing time. thats why i am trying to find a course to take to be a licensed hunting and fishing guide so i can make a living doing what i love to do. Anyone know of a place that offers a course for that?

Some Old Guy

gsambray,

Here's a local link for that, Guide Pro.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Funmonkey

I work at Reid's Liquidation Centre, all day shifts and my two days off are mid-week, which I enjoy as I camp at Dog Lake Resort and find the lake a little quieter midweek. I go to camp at least every second week when there is no snow and spend the other days off out at various lakes and rivers around. Am looking forward to more canoeing this year!!!!!!

Michael

Jayfishin

Work as a welding (& nondestructive testing) inspector for a national company with an office here in TBay. Job puts me on the road an average of 200 days a year, putting in 2500 hrs a year. So balancing family time (with the wife and my two boys) with my love of the outdoors can be challenging. Try to combine the too when possible but planning trips, and doing the odd fishing tournament is hard to commit to unless I book holidays well in advance. Usually try to travel with a rod/reel and some basic tackle when on the road. When I was young, single, and working seasonally my buddy's and I were in the bush alot - good times! Now I am fortunate to be able to spend time with my kids in the outdoors. B)

Jay

rodman

Laid off carpenter and daddy day care!I usually work until christmas and then stay home for about four months.With our two boys in daycare at 75 bucks a day when we are both working it seems to work out pretty good.Now if they would only grow up faster we could go ice fishing everyday!haha

CharlieAlphaLimaEcho

Student, and I support people with developmental disabilities for Community Living. Don't fish much, even in the summer, but I live for hunting and shooting.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I work for Sumac Forest Information Services. I do various feild work throughout Ontario, as well as the western edge of Quebec. I am also a qualified Aerial Photo Interpretation for the forests throughout the boreal forest. This requires me to view images taken of forests from 10, 000 feet up in a plane. I view these using 3D glasses and special software. I do my best than to tell you everything from species present, ages, heights, moisture content, slope, and any other interesting thing I discover. This has allowed me to spend the last 4 years travelling, and staying in remote areas in tents for weeks at a time, as well as stayin in not so remote areas in fishing and hunting lodges. My job has not only allowed me to afford to fish more, it has also offered me the most amazing fishing experiences one could ask for. With fly-in fishing resorts acting as our base camp for many field work trips the job speaks for itself. I do not know how I could ask for anything more. Mind you, I have only been out of college for 2 years, so I am sure there are many more amazing things to come my way provided I am willing to work for them. I never really realised how much my job caters to my obsession with fishing until I wrote all this down. Ha, lucky me! lol

Brodie K.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman
working sucks especialy when it takes up valuable hunting and fishing time. thats why i am trying to find a course to take to be a licensed hunting and fishing guide so i can make a living doing what i love to do. Anyone know of a place that offers a course for that?

Talk to the people at the college. I know one of my teachers from college sent me an e-mail notifying me of the course, it was a year ago I believe, they may have more information on it, or who to contact. Maybe when the next one will be as well.

Brodie K.

Guest stumped

My husband and I both work at the college. IT and Upgrading... we have our weekends off and we get at least 3 to 5 weeks vacation a year, so that's about it for us. We take what we can get and when we can get it. Love to be out fishing and hunting so we spread our love around :)

Stumped